CodeHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CodeHS

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at CodeHS

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CodeHS in January 2015.

Interview

Applied on there website, received an email 2 weeks scheduling a gchat video interview. Did a really easy online coding question. The interviewer was an engineer and he seemed to be somewhat distracted during the interview which was frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Given a dictionary, build a function that returns a dictionary where the key's and values are reversed.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CodeHS (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Some calls and video chats and in person interview. Started with a casual call, then some video calls with different team members and then an in person interview. I had a couple of calls and interviews with different team members and talked about all kinds of things.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Normal

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CodeHS (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I filled out a form, from which I got an email from CodeHS saying they were interested in me. The lengthiest part of the process was completing the Karel programming challenges, which are quite boring. Depending on how fast you finish these, you can move on to the next step, which is the technical phone interview. After passing this, the tutoring begins.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CodeHS in July 2015.

Interview

It's all done online. The first thing is to fill out a form. From there they will either accept or reject you. Once accepted you start a tutor training. It's somewhat lengthy but it depends on how quickly you get through it. After that you will schedule a telephone call.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CodeHS in August 2015.

Interview

It was very easy. There was a simple whiteboard question regarding strings, and the rest of the questions were talking about your love for Computer Science and how you got started. You can code in whatever language you are most comfortable in. Takes about half an hour, no need to travel, just need WiFi.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CodeHS.

Interview

First, applying tutors are required to complete the basic exercises that a student would complete. Next comes a phone interview, where you are asked about your computer science background and one basic technical question. If after the phone interview they decide to proceed with your application, you must complete a two hour tutoring trial period, and after that, you are hired.

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CodeHS (Remote, OR) in December 2017.

Interview

This job has been posted two times in the past six months. I am not sure what the recruiters are looking for as I have education, sales, and edtech sales experience. My guess is someone not particularly experienced to accept a lowball salary as I always get a phone screening and subsequent interviews.