Colas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Colas

2.3

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Colas (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

Overall went well. Took over two hours. Received a full tour after initial interview, then sat down for a group interview with almost the entire engineering staff.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose to apply for this position?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Colas.

Interview

Took me in for a brief interview process then sent me in the field for a couple weeks to see how I did. I also interned for the company for a summer during my senior year of college. Loved the internship

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to get out of the company   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Colas (Morristown, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruited through LinkedIn by an external agency whom I had several phone calls with and negotiated salary range upfront. Once salary and background of position was disclosed interviewed twice with the same group of individuals with second interview as lunch invite close to office. Ask a lot of questions not just to show your own interest in the position and company but also to clarify what type of work you’ll be doing (ie supporting role, brand new position or existing one?). Will you be expected to create new systems from scratch (my specific case) or build upon existing ones? Also I asked about the type of team i would be working with- if any. Cordial and relaxed interviewing and recruiting experience. Heard likewise from other new hires.

Interview Questions

• What are you interests? Are you interested in construction? Will you be comfortable working independently without much guidance or supervision as management will be traveling most of the time.   2 Answers

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Colas (Greenwood Village, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Open positions are filled through outside recruiters. Very easy process. Interview was traditional no surprises. Recruiter did 2 phone screen interviews then I had a pre-interview questionnaire to fill out before advancing to the one on one with the client.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you do in replacing a user's broken laptop.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Colas (Morristown, NJ) in August 2019.

Interview

They dragged the interview process out by making me come in 3 separate times over the course of about 8 weeks. I met with the hiring managers first, then the VP, and then the CFO which was coupled with a 45 minute Excel assessment.

The interview questions were fair and normal but the fact that they dragged it along so much made it frustrating. A lot of these interviews can be condensed by meeting multiple people at once. The whole process seemed a little unorganized.

The company as a whole, however, seemed to be a nice one to work for. It sounded like there was room for growth once in the organization.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with creating your own data sets from scratch?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colas.

Interview

Went good
    Negative experiences.went good got to know my weak areas.
    Communication is important.basics of java important and any frontend will be added advantage and good company interview was quite good.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colas (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online on their website. Within two weeks I was contacted by their recruitment team and informed that I had been shortlisted for an assessment and interview.
    Both the assessment and interview took place in Birmingham city. The day consisted of the following activities, numerical and verbal reasoning aptitude tests, presentation on ‘Innovation within Highways’, two to one Interview and team activity. The whole process took almost half a day, starting at 13:20 and finishing at 17:40.
    The people I met on that day were extremely friendly, approachable and professional. The interview was very relaxed, formal yet friendly and conversational.
    I was contacted within the same week and informed that they would like to make me an offer.
    Overall the whole process was very quick and professional.

Bid Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Colas.

Interview

I was contacted by one of the recruitment team. The email was littered with typos. When I had a telephone interview the lady conducting it seemed disinterested and didn't give me a good impression of the company. I wouldn't recommend Colas based on this poor experience.

Workman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint-Pierre (Reunion)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colas (Saint-Pierre (Reunion)) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview with the human resource woman. The process took two weeks. It was a phone interview with the human resource woman. The process took two weeks. It was a phone interview with the human resource woman. The process took two weeks.It was a phone interview with the human resource woman. The process took two weeks.It was a phone interview with the human resource woman. The process took two weeks.

Road Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Colas.

Interview

a complete hour interview with country manager and two weeks later with regional HR manager, both were friendly and positive, introducing the company and the job. seems a large company with a good chance of learning and experience.

Interview Questions

• questions according to my resume and what I have done in the past, about my interest in different fields, ... positive and professional   Answer Question