Collective[i] Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Collective[i]

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Collective[i] (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview ended abruptly when I couldn't explain exactly what the company did. I was belittled and put down for not being "passionate" enough. Even if an interview doesn't go well, no one should ever feel completely stupid afterwards.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collective[i] (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 different people - four phone interviews as well as one in person. Some interviews were more challenging than others. Overall my impression of the company was very positive. Feedback at the end was positive and helpful.

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Collective[i] (New York, NY).

Interview

Very professional and painless. Francesca (the current HR head) is extremely friendly and knows how to put candidates at ease. The written test was not difficult, and all communications were timely. The interview took place over 2 sessions, but a new marketing manager meant that I had to be interviewed over the phone once more.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase our traffic?   1 Answer

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Collective[i] (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied to an online job posting and received an email form the editorial assistant in a couple of weeks. The editorial assistant asked for at least three published clips and a examples of a Twitter account which I have managed to show my ability, even though I worked at CNN, NBC and won an award from the Associate Press for my producing. I provided several magazine clips and a current popular Twitter account that I manage.

After a bit of scheduling, canceling and rescheduling, I finally had a 30 minute interview with the talent manager, who told me she would get back to me within a couple of days on whether I would talk to the hiring manager.

Instead, I was contacted two days later with instructions in an email to complete an extensive so-called writing test. The "test" was actually an attempt to get me to write free blogs, tweets and come up with a social media engagement plan for the company, all to be completed over Labor Day weekend. I emailed the talent manager and told her that I would have to pass on this assignment unless I were extended and offer, and I understand if they would prefer to move on to other candidates.

Lead Gen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Collective[i] (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter first, followed by the hiring manager. Both interviews were basically identical: they asked me to walk them through my resume, asked basic questions along the way, and then asked if I had any questions. Their feedback and follow-up process is very poor - I never heard back on next steps or if they were hiring someone else.