Colonial Pipeline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Colonial Pipeline

3.2

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Pipeline (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Initially contacted by the hiring manager and spoke on the phone for 30 minutes. HR called after to schedule the face to face which consisted of three interviews. First was with the VP, second with hiring manager, and third was a panel interview. Overall the process was professional but the panel interview was among the most awkward I've experienced. Very robotic questions which were very generic, not related to the position specifically. They have what appears to be a good culture and office location.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: when has safety been a concern in your past positions?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Colonial Pipeline in November 2014.

Interview

They were nice, made you feel comfortable. Took a while for the interview to start and had to wait for about 25 minutes on them. Once it got started it flowed smoothly

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Pipeline (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

1st - Screening Phone Interview to confirm work experience
    2nd - 3 separate detailed phone interviews to confirm work experience in more detail
    3rd - five person panel interview with behavioral questions to test personality and ability to communicate in a pressure group enviroment

Interview Questions

• 1) describe how you communicate the importance of safety to workers
      2) what is the importance of a team
      3) Describe a mistake you made in the past and how you dealt with it   1 Answer

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Pipeline (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Standard interview process, but had to follow up on my own to get results. Was neither good nor bad - about what one would expect for the industry. It frankly didn't seem that HR (which was running the process) and the Legal Dept were on the same page.

Interview Questions

• Describe situation when you were asked to do something that you didn't believe you had the authority to do, and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colonial Pipeline (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

I had a short, 20-30 minute, on campus interview. Later that day, they emailed me asking when I could fly to Atlanta for another interview. They set up and paid for the flight and hotel and all. The questions were your typical interview questions. I later found out that the most important question the interviewer asks was "What is your favorite movie?" He told me that the interviewees response to this was his most defining answer and had the biggest impact on whether you are offered a positionor not.

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Pipeline.

Interview

First was initial email contact asking to set up a phone screen with HR to go over work history that was 30 minutes. About a week later, scheduled a 1 on 1 with the hiring manager, again via phone, scheduled for an hour. Mine went 1.5 hours. The hiring manager stayed in communication with me while there were a couple of delays with setting up the on-site interview.

The on site included a meeting with the business unit VP, a brief 1-on-1 with HR about benefits and other options, then a 4 person panel interview, then another 1-on-1 with the hiring manager.

The panel interview was behavioral in nature. I had similar interviews with the behavioral method, "what would/have you done in situation 'X'?" "How did you respond to 'Y'?" It wasn't very difficult, if you come prepared, but for someone that just walks in expecting to ace an interview based on qualifications alone, it will be a disappointing experience.

The best advice I can give is to be prepared. Read up on the company and be ready to talk about safety and how it has impacted you. Safety and taking it seriously in everything you do #1 importance here.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when something was unsafe conditions in your current position and what did you do about it?   1 Answer

Associate Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithia Springs, Douglas, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Pipeline (Lithia Springs, Douglas, GA) in November 2009.

Interview

First a 30 minute phone interview then if you were chosen to go on to the next round there was a 4 person panel interview, pretty intimidating, after the panel interview three test. The first test was a personality test the second a mechanical test and the third a basic math test. The math test consist of mostly addition and subtraction but of very weird numbers almost all the problems deal with decimals.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you where part of a team environment and you made a suggestion that helped?   Answer Question

Associate Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Pipeline (Beaumont, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

First a 30 minute phone interview then an in-person interview a few days later which was pretty laid back. After that I had to take a test which was a personality assessment, mechanical inclination and math. Then I was told that I would hear something back either wait by the end of the month. I received a phone call letting me know that they hadn't made a decision and that I would hear something that following Wednesday....this was 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with a group to fix a problem (or something along those lines)   1 Answer

Associate Pipeline Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Pipeline (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Phone interview last 30 minutes, flew myself out for the COBRA test, aced it, took the PAN test here at home, aced it, flew myself back out for the panel interview and had to email them 5 times just to get an official no on the job

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions. When has safety been a concern, name a time when...blah blah blah   Answer Question

Associate Pipeline Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Pipeline (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2019.

Interview

I first participated in a phone interview with the hiring manager to begin the process. A couple days later I was invited to take the COBRA test. I passed the COBRA test and then, was asked to take a PAN assessment the following week at another location. A few days after completing the PAN assessment, the company asked me to come in for a (4) person panel interview / behavioral interview. The entire process took (4) + weeks.

Interview Questions

• What tools do you normally use to organize or plan your workday?   Answer Question