Columbia College Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Columbia College Chicago Interview Questions

2.1

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I got a phone call asking if I would like the job. I talked with the supervisor for a little while as she explained the job and the job hiring process.

Student Worker Interview

Interview

Simple applied online.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

set salary.

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Practices have changed and my hiring and interview process is now out of date. It was fair and inclusive. The hiring manager carefully sought a good-fit with the position's clients.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago in November 2012.

Interview

One phone interview. One in-person interview with the hiring manager and team. And a second interview with the department head. Very casual. Most of the team was out and that didn't seem to affect the decision.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite musician (not a music-related job)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a higher salary and the hiring manager checked with his supervisor. Then, I was offered a little more.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Sat one on one with the Coordinator of Operations, who made me feel very comfortable and a memorable personality filled with kindness and professionalism. She introduced me to other directors and was very organized with her questions she wanted to ask me.

Interview Questions

• What kind of hours are you looking for?
      Why do I want to work for the LS?
      How do you handle difficult people?
      Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very informal. I sat down with the person who would be my direct supervisor and his counterpart. It was really just a discussion of what I've done in my career. Later I was called in to meet with the direct supervisor and his supervisor. Again, the same thing. I was offered the job a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They didn't seem very well versed in interviewing techniques and didn't ask any really thought provoking questions in the interview. There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered very little money. I countered back and they met me in the middle.

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago in April 2012.

Interview

Basic Interview
    All student workers get a set hourly wage at the same rate.
    Depending on area of department, it may be a software test which is super easy.
    You dont get hired, you may be asked back to work during finals so don't feel as if all is lost.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any difficult questions and all software tests are based on the basics.   Answer Question

Computer Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

I was sat down in an office and my experience was questioned by multiple people who were managers. They were fairly nice and it seemed like they'd already decided they were going to hire me before the interview even started. The application had all the relevant questions, the interview was mostly to guage my personality and character to make sure I was a fit as they already knew my skills.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

One on one with the person in the department who did the hiring and also the person who did the class scheduling.Then they told me what I would be teaching and I said, "ok, thanks!"

Adjunct Faculty - FIlm & Video Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

The school has made the shift to hiring only individuals with a Master's Degree or better. Their preference is for experience, whether through local industry opportunities or from the national level. Typically, you must meet with a department leader, then a committee, then another individual higher up, and possibly make a presentation to a class and yet another committee.

Interview Questions

• This can depend upon who is on your committee, but the most difficult typically has to do with dealing with students who can be extremely difficult for any number and variety of personal reasons.   Answer Question