Columbia College Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Columbia College Chicago Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago.

Interview

No interview process, you just have to get A's in all your core Creative Writing classes and apply. It's pretty easy to get into and the professors are always looking to hire new tutors. (At least, they were when I was there.) As long as you work hard and show your professors that you're a good student and writer, you'll probably get in.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview phase - Generally ask you a lot of questions about your skillset and what you're looking for in a company. I was asked a lot of scenario questions related to students, in an in-person interview easy to talk about, over the phone hard to get a sense of if the person on the other end's relating to your explanation of the question.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in the Columbia culture?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I got a phone call asking if I would like the job. I talked with the supervisor for a little while as she explained the job and the job hiring process.

Student Worker Interview

Interview

Simple applied online.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

set salary.

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied on the website and was contacted via email with a job description, the starting salary, and potential interview dates. I ended up having two face-to-face interviews before being offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How does this position line up with your professional goals?   Answer Question

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Practices have changed and my hiring and interview process is now out of date. It was fair and inclusive. The hiring manager carefully sought a good-fit with the position's clients.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago in November 2012.

Interview

One phone interview. One in-person interview with the hiring manager and team. And a second interview with the department head. Very casual. Most of the team was out and that didn't seem to affect the decision.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite musician (not a music-related job)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a higher salary and the hiring manager checked with his supervisor. Then, I was offered a little more.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Sat one on one with the Coordinator of Operations, who made me feel very comfortable and a memorable personality filled with kindness and professionalism. She introduced me to other directors and was very organized with her questions she wanted to ask me.

Interview Questions

• What kind of hours are you looking for?
      Why do I want to work for the LS?
      How do you handle difficult people?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very informal. I sat down with the person who would be my direct supervisor and his counterpart. It was really just a discussion of what I've done in my career. Later I was called in to meet with the direct supervisor and his supervisor. Again, the same thing. I was offered the job a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They didn't seem very well versed in interviewing techniques and didn't ask any really thought provoking questions in the interview. There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered very little money. I countered back and they met me in the middle.

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbia College Chicago in April 2012.

Interview

Basic Interview
    All student workers get a set hourly wage at the same rate.
    Depending on area of department, it may be a software test which is super easy.
    You dont get hired, you may be asked back to work during finals so don't feel as if all is lost.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any difficult questions and all software tests are based on the basics.   Answer Question