Colville Indian Tribe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colville Indian Tribe Interview Questions

3.5

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colville Indian Tribe (Nespelem, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for an Office Assistant position. I was later informed that this was a BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs) position, in which the Tribe provides the employee to the BIA under a 638 Contract (so you are tribally employed but do federal work). I was also later informed that this was really a Realty Assistant position, and several months later it was re-classified to a Property Title Specialist position. I was asked why I was interested in working for a tribe, their tribe, and the BIA. Otherwise typical personality type questions. I was also given a realty related quiz that included such items as legal land descriptions, both alloquot and metes and bounds, and had no idea what any answers were at the time. Even though I felt that I totally bombed the interview and technical quiz, I got a phone call a week later with a job offer. After I was hired, I was presented the requirement to under an extremely thorough federal background investigation that included a nearly all-day interview by an investigator contracted through the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). I was expected to explain in detail past due bills, collections, speeding tickets, why I had them and what changes I plan to make in my life to avoid them in the future. All this when (I also found out) that the manager has felonies on their record from dealing drugs and assaulting a police officer.

Interview Questions

• I was presented a quiz about highly technical aspects of Indian trust realty.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay rate was clearly advertised and did not seem negotiable, but it was generous and a step up from my previous position.

Comptroller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colville Indian Tribe in December 2009.

Interview

Once interview was completed with a panel of individuals the organization has made no further contact. Went through two weeks of scheduling problems with their staff to get to the interview. HR will not return calls or e-mail inquiries as to status. No rejection letter or any other kind of correspondence. VERY unprofessional organization!!

Interview Questions

• What research did you do on our company before this interview?   Answer Question