Commonwealth Sales Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Commonwealth Sales Group

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Sales Group (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I have applied the interview through the carerrbuilder website. The process of interview only took one day, and I have receive a call from the human resource center. She offered me variable time to come the interview and told me to dress professionally during the interview day. It was very quick during the interview process. Then I have receive an email from the recruiter on the next couple days.

Interview Questions

Good environment but work loan may be huge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoneham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Sales Group (Stoneham, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief face to face interview with Owner, formal dress but fairly informal discussion. They are mostly trying to get an idea of who you are as a person. The second interview is a job shadow.
    I initially accepted the job offer but upon further review of the company sales approach I decided this was not for me.
    If you are not willing to do door-to-door sales, don't even waste your time interviewing here. The pay is commission only and you are responsible for providing your own travel to the sales territories.

Anonymous Employee in Stoneham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Sales Group (Stoneham, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

You have a first round interview with the boss. If you are invited back for a second round interview, then you will spend the day doing a job shadow where you will see if the company will be a good fit for you and vice versa.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Sales Group.

Interview

I applied online. They called me two days after my application for a face-to-face interview. The interview was very quick, only about 10 minutes. Simple questions. It seemed like that they require you to have a car. So they were concerned that my husband and I share the same car. The position involves face-to-face sales. The interview environment was quite friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoneham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Sales Group (Stoneham, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called in for a first interview, in which I met with the HR rep for about 15 minutes. I was then told that I was called back for a second interview the next week. The second interview consisted of shadowing an employee throughout the day as they went on the sales route. It was a good experience. Following the shadowing, I was given a written test on there business model.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Sales Group in November 2014.

Interview

First I got a mail from their HR to schedule with them for interview at the same day I applied for account manager. Second part is the Interview. They required face to face interview, and the address was not hard to get there if you have a car. People are really friendly.
    Interview has two stage, first part is more focus on your interest on the job and personality. Once you pass, they will ask you to come again for the second part. you will take more about how the company really work at and the salary plus insurance.
    People are nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• there's no difficult questions, they are more looking for people who could dedicate 100% into door to door sales.   1 Answer

Salary is not what I expected.

Salesman Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Sales Group in February 2015.

Interview

1st interview is a 10 minute meet and greet. As long as you can smile you're all set. 2nd interview is an all day shadow. As long as you can smile and hold a conversation you'll get offered a job.
    The people here are very nice and the boss seems like an awesome guy to work for. I turned the job down because the salary wasn't tempting enough to leave the job I already had.
    The base pay is 360/WK with 28% commission and 10% residuals. You can make good money at this job but I was already in the ballpark of what these salesmen make. I was surprised that the base pay was so low considering I was required to shadow a salesman around for an entire work day before being offered a position. I just assumed that if I'm going to sacrifice one of my 2 days off in a week then itd be worth my time (my fault for assuming)
    Although this job wasn't for me, it may be great for those who are looking for a first job out of college or for a change of scenery if you can afford the risk.

Interview Questions

• They asked me mostly basic questions. Meet and greet type. They make it really comfortable to talk to them.   1 Answer

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoneham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Sales Group (Stoneham, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Went on a 15 minute interview with Alex, was a nice guy thought I would give them a chance, first day job shadow was with an older guy Jimmy ( everyone calls him dad) was very polite and good at his job. Next I went out with Matt and then Mike all good people. I would recommend this job to anyone that doesn't mind working a full day money is pretty good

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commonwealth Sales Group (Woburn, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Bridget (with Human Resources) greeted me when I walked in; she was extremely helpful and accommodating. I then met with Alex for my primary interview. He, too, was warm and inviting. I was honestly quite shocked at how well everyone blended professionalism with warmth and genuineness.

Due to a recent move, I actually did not have my suit jacket cleaned and ready-to-go for my initial interview (CSG requested business professional attire), but both Bridget and Alex smiled it off and said they understood my situation. All in all, this company gave off a fantastic first impression.

The interview went very well. Alex seemed to appreciate my honesty-oriented sales approach, which is certainly not a unanimous, industry-wide sentiment. Moreover, he answered my questions about the business with tact and clarity. I at no point felt that had an unspoken agenda or that he was omitting need-to-know facts about the nature of the work.

To be candid: I am normally EXTREMELY skeptical of direct sales positions. I have a lot of ethical concerns with regard to most direct-sale models. For example, I feel very uncomfortable approaching individuals and encouraging them to purchase goods or services that A. many/most of them do not need whatsoever; and/or B. said individuals really can't afford/shouldn't purchase if operating on a prudent budget.

However, CSG operates on a (primarily--perhaps exclusively) business-to-business model. And, quite frankly, the products that they represent are GENUINELY helpful to business owners.

I was invited back for a second interview (which I initially planned to attend)--but after a week of deliberation, I decided to move in a different direction.

That being said, I believe that I would have been COMPLETELY comfortable selling the products and services that CSG represents--and in a lot of ways, I think it would have been quite an exciting adventure. Also, from what I can tell, the employees there seem well-equipped to do their job, and management seems eager to train up and care for their new recruits.

If my life ever takes an unexpected turn and I am seeking employment once again, I will be calling Bridget right off the bat.

Interview Questions

• If someone close to you were to meet with me later today, what words would they use to describe your qualities?   Answer Question

Marketing and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Sales Group (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very low stress. Receptionist was welcoming and the interviewer was super nice. Mostly an informal getting-to-know-you sort of thing. Only took 20 minutes. I was asked back for a second interview (full day shadow) but i turned it down.

Interview Questions

• Rate the following 3 things on importance: salary, atmosphere, ability to control your own work   Answer Question

I was asked for a second interview, but realized the pay and job wasn't what i wanted to do. Also, they are relocating to NC, which I was not interested in.