Community Newspaper Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Community Newspaper Holdings Interview Questions

Interviews at Community Newspaper Holdings

2.1

Sports Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Community Newspaper Holdings.

Interview

It was pleasant. We had lunch, talked about the job. Got the job offer. Said, "Yes." They took me to dinner after we toured the town and the business. Overall, it was not a stressful interview.

Advertising Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cullman, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Community Newspaper Holdings (Cullman, AL) in August 2009.

Interview

I saw the posting in the local paper. I sent my resume not knowing who the job was for. It was a general sales help wanted ad. It turned out to be for the newspaper itself. I got the call and went in after hours for the interview. The Ad director and the retail manager were there for the interview. They asked basic questions. I could tell right away that the RM was a guy that liked to hear himself talk. So I quickly started stroking his ego, and I had him in my pocket. The ad manager was a little tougher. She kept telling me the bad parts of the job. I would watch the RMs face as she spoke and knew when she was stretching it trying to scare me off. After that I got a call back to meet with the publisher. He is more like a GM. He asked a lot of questions trying to see how I handled objections. I learned real quick that if I repeated back to him what he said, just with my own words, he ate it up. It wasnt long until I got the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered the position at base + commission. I accepted and excelled in the position that I was able to go back in and negotiate a raise.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Community Newspaper Holdings (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

It was like any other hiring process. Nothing special or difficult in the interviewing process. I approached the situation like any other interview, dressed appropriately and professionally. I answered the questions with professionally and confidently.

Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knox, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Community Newspaper Holdings (Knox, IN).

Interview

It was an easy interview process for me, because I already knew my prospective boss at the time, had worked with him several years at a previous job. More a "conversation" than an "interview" really. We discussed ideas I had to improve the little newspaper I was being considered for, which CNHI had just bought a few months previous... my assessment of what it was, and my vision of what it could be.

Interview Questions

• How would I improve this newspaper?   1 Answer

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mineral Wells, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Community Newspaper Holdings (Mineral Wells, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

10 minutes over the phone with one editor as I was being downsized at another paper within the company. I was previously interviewed by another editor and it was much smoother. A normal interview.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Community Newspaper Holdings (Lawton, OK) in April 2014.

Interview

Spoke via phone, met in person, discussed job with a higher up after that. It was obvious I was qualified; they mainly wanted to truly know WHY I would accept the job. After I finally got there, I certainly understood the question

Interview Questions

• Gave me scenarios and asked how I might handle things. However, once there, I realized the problems I would address had nothing to do with the people mentioned - it was actually the big boss who was a poor leader who pitted everyone against each other.   1 Answer

Page Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharon, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Community Newspaper Holdings (Sharon, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied in May, had an interview in July. Followed up regularly for weeks. It's October, and they're still stringing me along. They had me do a sample page and then had me come in and sit with a current employee to "learn" the job that they never hired me for.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have?   1 Answer

Copy Editor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Community Newspaper Holdings.

Interview

I submitted a resume for a position that was being created and did several follow-up phone calls. The original position I applied for was being drawn out and ended up dissolving, but I was brought in for an interview when another employee left, and it only consisted of a job offer. No real interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything.

Press Man Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Community Newspaper Holdings (Valdosta, GA) in January 2008.

Interview

Just talked to a guy who worked there

Interview Questions

• Any thing to do with drugs..   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just make it a fair ammount cause your going to be busy

Designer/Expeditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Community Newspaper Holdings (Jeffersonville, IN) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview was simple and straightforward. I was interviewed by the production manager and advertising sales manager. No unexpected questions were asked. I presented my portfolio and asked the standard interview questions — education, interest in the position, prior experience.