CompUSA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CompUSA Interview Questions

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy interview, just stay confident and positive and you will have a shot. The stores main goal is to have people that can genuinely assist customers and want to make some money. The technical stuff can be learned but at least research what a cat 5 cable is, you don't want to be completely blank.

Negotiation

Never talk about money first, the first person to speak dollars loses.

SCCM Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CompUSA (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

They ask questions about your knowledge of sccm. How and where would you locate this problem. Very technical questions about sccm, where do you find the name of the existing computer and how do you get the computers to talk to each other.

Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rego Park, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at CompUSA (Rego Park, NY).

Interview

Worked here in the year 2000 - 2001
    Great Work Environment
    Fun Atmosphere
    Difficult Interview but manageable. Many prices were beat by online stores.
    Quizes and tests online to test product knowledge
    Technology shows

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CompUSA.

Interview

applied online got an interview within a week.

overal the interview was very simple just questions about my job experience and about how comfortable i am with working long hours and in a full commission enviroment.

Interview Questions

• how comfortable are you with working full commission with no guarantee or certainty of a wage.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CompUSA in January 2013.

Interview

Basic questions and some out from left field ones

Commisioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CompUSA (Miami, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

Submitted application online and they called me after about a week. Met with sales manager (a great guy) and was told i might be called for a follow up interview. Next day the store manager asked me to come in to fill out paperwork and that an offer would be pending (drug and backround check). Started the next week.

Interview Questions

• Gerneralized sales and retail questions about interacting with clients and co-workers. I used to be in a fairly high level corporate sales position, so the interview was typical weeding out for non serious sales guys.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. 100% commissioned sales. After a couple months without much training my numbers are in the top third of the big earners at my store.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CompUSA in January 2012.

Interview

I got one interview with one of the manager and the manager from the technical department. They couldnt believe that I was so prepared for it. Then that I answered all their question, they show what to do and not to do and their expectation on the floor

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offered 9 and I asked for 11

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CompUSA (Dallas, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume is reviewed and selected candidates are called in. Filled out all necessary paperwork. Interviewed with hiring manager for about an hour where many technical and non technical questions were asked. Second interview was conducted with hiring manager and hiring managers manager. Salary and benefits negotiations took place and after all of the specifics were agreed then a formal offer was presented and accepted.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CompUSA (Hoffman Estates, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Pretty simple, submit app online then phone interview and in person interview. Asked about sales history, if ever been on full commission sales, computer and electronics knowledge, sales training, basic customer service commen sense questions. Must know how to build a computer from scratch for this position. Must know how to set up a wireless network. Offered position on the spot.

Negotiation

No negotiation, full commission.

Business Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CompUSA (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was pretty basic and was with one General Manger for about 15 minuets. I was even told later that I was the only person in recent memory to wear a full suit to an interview. They were basically just looking for a competent person who wasn't afraid to speak to strangers.

Interview Questions

• What type of computer do I have at home? What were the specs and why did I choose to buy that one?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negations. Flat rate.