Conestoga College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.3

Computerized Note Taker (CNT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conestoga College (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Fairly easy interview. We talked for maybe 15 minutes then I did a skills test. There was a speed test and I had to watch the first 10 minutes of a Ted Talk and take notes on it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the instructor was going quickly and you weren't familiar with the terminology?   1 Answer

Computerized Note Taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Conestoga College (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty basic. I interviewed with 2 people and it lasted about 10 minutes. I didn't find any of the questions particularly challenging. After that, I had to go to another room to do a typing test. I had 20 minutes to do a speed test and watch/summarise a Ted Talk. I could retake the typing test if I wanted to, but I wanted to focus on the summarising so I only did it once. I think as long as you're about 70 WPM, you're OK. I was able to pause the Ted Talk and go back if I needed to.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were taking notes and a work came up that you weren't familiar with?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a student wanted to be friends with you?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Conestoga College (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

5 Person Panel Interview. Rotating questions. Fairly relaxed and little time wasted between transitioning to the next question.

Performed a 10 minute presentation about how I would bring value to the organization.

Interview Questions

• How you would handle difficult relationships within your team.   1 Answer

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conestoga College (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

E-mail request for interview, spelling errors in time confirmation and in acceptance reply.
    Panel included five individuals. HR Representative appeared to be tired and not interested. She mentioned she was just hired in the department and was bubbly at first, quickly became non-involved and continued to look at the clock and her nails. Clear that she was distracted which only made the process distracting for myself. In my opinion, interview process was unprofessional and not organized. I decided this was not a good fit for me before I was made aware that I was not the chosen individual. I have colleagues who work for Conestoga and although it is a great place for students, employees tend to be unhappy and unqualified.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural based questions
      Lesson plans
      Typical "why would you like to work at Conestoga" questions   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Conestoga College (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief interview with the chair of the department. One on one person. Talk about previous experience and knowledge of latest teaching tools : educational platform, software, etc. Discussed material preparation, evaluation techniques, use of different teaching approaches (games, teamwork, music, debates, presentation, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Question were regarding previous teaching experience. Courses previously taught. Previous experience with adult teaching and continuing education classes. If there had been any difficult students, how did I deal with the situation and so on.   1 Answer

ESL Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conestoga College (Cambridge, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Sent in a resume and cover letter; contacted for an interview. Interview went well until I asked about having some input into my teaching schedule (days/hours /location etc...). Obviously it was expected that I should make myself available whenever and wherever the employer wanted . So despite my qualifications, I knew I wouldn't be offered a position. I had forgotten that for a teaching position these days one should basically accept whatever was offered and not express any preferences.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have ?   1 Answer

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Conestoga College (Kitchener, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I had previously taught part time in the program area. The Dean invited me to apply, we had a conversation about the role and what it would involve. I thought about it and let the Dean know I would go forward. A formal application through HR was required. I was interviewed by a panel. The interview included a 'teaching experience'. From there HR reviewed three references. They then made an offer for the role.

Interview Questions

• Delivering a 'teaching experience' to a small panel was challenging. However, I did very well at this and it was one positive factor contributing to the offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no option to negotiate, HR dictates what you can have.

Hardware Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Conestoga College (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was slightly intimidating. I sat at a table being asked questions by 7 employees of the department, they wanted to know if I was someone pleasant to work with.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to lift 50lbs?   1 Answer

Tutoring Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Conestoga College in April 2012.

Interview

Interview session wasn't hard. They asked general questions.