Connelly (CA) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Connelly (CA) Interview Questions

Interviews at Connelly (CA)

1.8

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Connelly (CA) (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First step was a brief in person interview so the manager can get a feel for you. Next step is full day interview where you shadow an employee. I am impressed with the way they want you to know what the job is like before you take it.

Interview Questions

• What is important to you when you consider working somewhere?   1 Answer

Nov 21, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

We appreciate your feedback. We do our best to have as much clarity in our interview process as possible, and appreciate the positive response to the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Connelly (CA) (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I received a call from a girl named Jess who is their recruiter, she invited me in for a first round interview. I got there ten minutes early and the lobby was already full with other interviewees ranging from a 50 year old man in an old button up Hawaiian shirt to girl that was maybe 19-20 that looked fresh out of grade school. The "executive director" aka owner Pat came out and pulled us back one by one. After the first five minute interview I got a call later that day from pat saying I was selected for a second round interview which I declined because I received another offer.

Interview Questions

• What type of management experience do you have?
      Do you see yourself as a leader?
      Why do you think you deserve this opportunity?   Answer Question

Nov 1, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for the brief feedback. Although we were not able to continue with you towards a possible opportunity with our company, we are happy that the adverse action was you finding employment. In... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Connelly (CA) (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online and within the next two days got a call to schedule an interview. The first interview was quick and to the point. The man I met seemed calm and nice. Straight to the point. Asked basic questions, nothing difficult. He didn't really talk about the position though, which would have been nice. I didn't get a second interview though.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of success?
      What are key characteristics that you believe are important within this field?   Answer Question

Nov 1, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are apologetic that we did not choose you to continue in our interview process, but there is some precision in our recruitment process and just because things did not... More

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Connelly (CA) (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The first interview is one-on-one with the office manager Patrick. All just generic interview questions. The second is an all say interview with one of the employees selling door to door. They hire everybody that interviews.

Interview Questions

Connelly (CA) Response

Nov 1, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for the feedback. I can strongly advise you that we do not hire everyone who partakes in our interview process, and we believe you should take more appreciation for yourself that you were... More

Accounts Manager Interview

Interview

called me to set up an interview, were very unclear about what the job entailed. First interview consisted of speaking with the manager there named pat. He seemed nice enough but avoided talking about compensation and being more clear on what the job really was. This was saved for the 2nd interview. I thought it strange that the second interview was scheduled from 9am to 4:30 pm, a full working day basically. It was strange to me but I just gave it a shot. Turns out it was a sales job, commission based. It can be fully commission based or a measly $1200 a month plus 30% commissions trying to update or sell new services to new clients or existing ones for AT&T. They did NOT tell me the compensation willingly, I had to press for an answer, and it took 3-4 HOURS until lunchtime for them to sit down with me and go over the compensation as well as the promotion structure of the company.

Be more honest about what the job is. If it's a sales job, that's fine, just be more clear about it as well as going over the compensation earlier on. There's a lot of dishonesty at this company and that is definitely a no go for me. I felt i was being played. The lack of openness regarding compensation should have been a red flag from the start. Maybe you can work your way up in this company, but their dishonest interview process kills it for me. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions like, what do you think is the most important quality a company should look for in a person, etc.   Answer Question

DISHONESTY.

Jan 27, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

We greatly appreciate the feedback in regards to our interview process, we are continually looking to have more clarity and efficiency in our interview process. We fully understand that the extended... More

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Connelly (CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a call. I interviewed 1:1. It was a brief in-person interview so the HR manager. Next step is full day interview where you shadowed the manager. They want you to know what the job is like before you take it.

Interview Questions

• What is important to you when you consider working somewhere?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Connelly (CA) (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview:

I applied online, and was called in for an interview shortly thereafter. The entire interview process took was spread over two days. The first interview only lasted about ten minutes and seemed more of a test of whether you could follow directions and carry on a conversation - they told you to bring a copy of your resume and then asked pretty standard interview questions. When you're invited to the next interview, it is a full-day job shadow of one of the other sales representatives followed by a second short interview. I found the job shadow a really good indicator of what the job would be.

The job:

This is the perfect job for anyone who wants an entry-level job with basically no requirements. It's a lot better than other sales jobs because you're going around to businesses helping them with their AT&T service - something they actually need. The management seems very supportive of whatever it is you want out of the job. If you want a job that provides quick money and then quit after a week or two, they're fine with that. If you want to invest more time and make the job your first step towards your career, they can help you get there.

My advice:

Go to the job shadow if you're unsure about the company! I wasn't sure whether to go or not, and I am really glad I did - the person I shadowed really opened up about what it was like to work there, the opportunity, what other people got out of the job, etc. Some of the employees don't have a college degree, some have a high school degree, some have a bachelor's. I graduated from a small liberal arts school with a degree in economics, and initially looked down on an opportunity like this. After shadowing, though, I realized that everyone has to start somewhere, and sales experience (while not glamorous) provides a good opportunity to improve your interpersonal skills. I say, give this company a chance - and if you don't like it, you can quit after a week or two.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to get out of this job?

Describe your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Nov 1, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

We appreciate your feedback. We do have a strong essence at our company to provide the opportunity and experience wanted to all of our employees. With that being said, we do not promote the fact... More

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Connelly (CA) (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

First interview: 5 minutes with the owner. Very basic expectation from you.
    Second interview within 48 hours: A full day in the field with another employee. Could be a total rookie, that will play "indifferent and friendly" with you, meaning he will pretend they don't really need you necessarily, however will try to buy your trust and to get you to like him. During the morning, you will get to see how a typical day looks like (door to door sales), then at lunch time he will go over their very vague comp plan. Then more door to door. Then around 2-3pm will drive you back to the office and prepare you for a super-simple quiz to see you remember what he showed/explained you. An monkey IQ would suffice.

Interview Questions

• First interview is whatever.
      Second interview: What Do you know about direct marketing, AT&T, Uverse, and a lot of questions about you to keep you feeling that you're still being interviewed, to keep you on your toes. It's a posture game.   Answer Question

Nov 1, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for the feedback. It seems you had would have liked a more difficult interview process, and respect that outlook. But the main aspect of our interview is to see if you have the right... More

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Connelly (CA) (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Went well. Was asked quite a few questions on my skills with people, management and of course " Where I see myself in the future" As well as " How i define success". I was informed I would be called back for a 2nd interview if selected. this would involve a half day entailing info on salary, benefits etc.
    Also, to provide the opportunity to "Shadow someone" to see how it all works. I asked 3x if the position was about sales to perspective clients. Each time I was told "NO.".I am not so sure I believe this after reading reviews. I even asked about commissions, again was told " NO" and that its salary based. Sounds like lies..

Interview Questions

• How do I handle the challenge of difficult people.?   1 Answer

Nov 1, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are greatly concerned if there was not absolute clarity in our interview process. We hope at this juncture you have found a suitable career, but director would like... More

Customer Service and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Connelly (CA) (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

My experience as a job seeker with Connelly Inc. was terrible. In the beginning I came in for an interview and everything was going well. At the end of the first interview I was told about the second interview process. You come in for a 6-8 hour shift to "shadow" a sales person unpaid, including interacting with actual customers and hopefully assisting in the sale.

Since the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and California law do not permit unpaid productive work I questioned the time commitment and activities of the second interview. Needless to say I did not get a second interview.

Nov 1, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not have a good experience. Now we know that you did not partake in our second round interview after we extended the opportunity, but I can assure... More