Construction Specialties Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Construction Specialties Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Construction Specialties in January 2016.

Interview

I received a call for an interview. Went to the onsite interview and met with two employees. Although both employees/managers were very nice, they seemed unprepared. There was also no formal receptionist in the building I arrived at. Overall the interview experience seemed rushed and not well thought out.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you led a project ?
      Why do you want to pursue this profession?
      Biggest strengths and weaknesses?
      How has college prepared you for your career?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Construction Specialties in November 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews with the company along with 2 different assessment tests. The interviews were both 1 hour long each time as well as the assessment tests took that long as well. So expect to spend a lot of time interviewing. During the interview I was told by the hiring manager that they liked me. I never did get a call back from the company after them telling me I would hear back from them within 2 weeks.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Construction Specialties (Lebanon, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiting manager met me at the front and brought me into the interview room. She left to retrieve two other managers. I was left waiting for about 5-10 minutes. They entered. Recruiting manager asked most of the questions. She was very "hard" in her assessments, I could see it on her face. She even made some sarcastic remarks. The others were much more amicable. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. I never received a call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranford, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Construction Specialties (Cranford, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

- Was sent an Email request for an interview
    - Introduction to the company and what they do.
    - What do you do and what experiences do you have. I had ZERO experience, but I explained that I really wanted to learn (among other things). People go through things in life and deserve that one chance to get in the door. I'm always going to be grateful to C/S for that.

Regional Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muncy, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Construction Specialties (Muncy, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview had way too many questions that were redundant. Interviewer felt the same way, would many times skip a question saying I already answered it. Took over an hour due to quantity of questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were set on pay, would t negotiate. Don't put previous salary on application, it traps you in this phase

Estimator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Construction Specialties in October 2011.

Interview

Received email from HR of company. Responded via email and spoke over the phone. Set up in person interview. Heard back in a week or so. Overall it was a good experience. Although drug testing was done on your first day which seemed very odd.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Construction Specialties (Newark, NJ) in May 2009.

Interview

Average interview process; interviewed with the HR Director, Ops Manager, and Dept Manager; was asked the usual questions; nothing out of the ordinary; walked out of the interview with a positive feeling from the HR Director and the Ops Manager; but not from the Dept Manager; thought if the decision was up to the Dept Mgr, I would not have gotten the job

Negotiation

unable to negotiate