Convergence Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Convergence Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergence Marketing (Spokane, WA).

Interview

Phone interview. Called without notice and had interview on the spot. He asked about prior experience and I detailed types of products and my experience in retail stores. He described job and I explained there were some types of jobs offered I would not be interested in, which he said was acceptable. I didn't really feel it was an interview at all, they clearly needed people and I never felt I might not get it. Offered a pay rate just above minimum, which I declined. Offered slightly higher and I agreed since the hours presented were favorable. I really felt he was selling me the job rather than interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• What prior merchandising experience do you have?   1 Answer

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Convergence Marketing (Salem, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Mine was set up for 7am in the morning, I was asked a lot of questions about my experience in doing re-sets and reading plan o grams. I was asked to give examples of my work, I was asked how long I had done this type of work and the challenges I faced doing it. He was very nice and seemed interested in what I had to say. He did not give me much information at all about the company and told me nothing about what to expect like the changing of the schedule on almost a daily basis, or that shifts get taken away frequently etc etc.

Interview Questions

• What brand of cosmetics had I done on resets before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiating. Don't do this job if you don't have experience at it and don't take it if you don't like frequent schedule changes.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Convergence Marketing (Weston, WV) in August 2015.

Interview

Over the phone interview lasted for about 45 minutes.She kept repeating herself. Was ecstatic after she heard about my retail background. She immediately assumed I was just as excited to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Why did I think I was a good candidate for this Company?   1 Answer

Merchadiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergence Marketing (Columbia, SC).

Interview

I completed the application online. I calle the recruiting department to let them know that i had completed my information. Then the recruiter called me back to explain the hiring process. Once I completed all of my paperwork. Within day i was sent a welcome email.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Convergence Marketing (Burlington, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Area Manager conducted an interview over the telephone. She asked me several questions pertaining to Merchandising including Merchandising terminology. Any candidate that is considering trying to get employment with this company needs to know the industry before you attempt to pass this interview process and get hired for this position.

Interview Questions

• What type of product resets have you performed specifically?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Convergence Marketing (Monroe, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the merchandising position. Within two days, I was contacted by HR for an over the phone interview. The interview was extremely brief (10-15 min) telling what the job entailed and if I was available right away. Welcome and training emails were sent within hours, and started training in two days.

Call Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergence Marketing in September 2014.

Interview

Extremely thorough interview. I enjoyed the panel interview and getting to meet several employees. It was interesting to see that all the interviewers were so closely associated with expectations, delivered the same information regarding the company. Very thorough process and you can see what a great culture they have!!!!

Interview Questions

• The situational questions were tough. Your true experience is important and how it relates to their operations.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I interviewed at Convergence Marketing in March 2014.

Interview

the phone interviewer sounded as if she had a margarita lunch followed by an Ambien dessert. She rambled on about everything but the job for entirely too long. She went into an extended coughing fit that concluded the interview. Email correspondences from the get-go are riddled with typos and grammatical errors, which require deciphering to understand the message. And this isn't specific to one person – every person I have interacted with through this company could benefit from a refresher course on English grammar, to say the least.

Convergence Marketing Response

Aug 27, 2014

I do appreciate you providing this feedback and will follow up with the Recruitment Team members. If you wish to discuss the matter further or send me a copies of the communications you have ... More

Cosmetic Reset Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergence Marketing (White Plains, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied on All Retail Jobs and it took over a month to hear anything back from them. After a month I got an email to get pm a conference call to discuss job openings in my area. After that took place it took another three months to hear from them.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. They hire and throw you into the storm with no direction whatsoever.   Answer Question

Negotiation

nonnegotaible

Convergence Marketing Response

Aug 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We do take our onboarding process very seriously and want our employees to succeed. I would like to gather additional details on your experience so I ... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Convergence Marketing.

Interview

Applied via Internet, got a call within 48 hours, asked a few questions, was told they only pay $11/hr even though I've done this job for over 8 years, sent email with my log in info, started working

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, was told they only paid $11/hr no matter what