Cook Medical Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.9

Animation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc (Bloomington, IN).

Interview

I was working as PSSQC in Ellettsville with Cook for a few years until the animator job opened up. The interview took place in Bloomington with two managers. After the initial interview, the position took 2 months to fill.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc (New York, NY).

Interview

Very haphazard in coordination amongst HR executives to set up interview. I waited and for weeks for a callback just to wait more time. Received a call six months after interviewing to try again in the next wave of internships.

Interview Questions

• Q: What about the company makes you want to work here?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc in December 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview/Screening followed by a panel interview and then a final interview a week later. For the final interview we were flown out to home office in Bloomington, IN. This portion Included a pre interview dinner the night before followed by a full morning of presenting, a product exam and a demonstration.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. The final presentation was a 10-15 minute PowerPoint for "something you are passionate about".   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

Interview

Initial phone screening with the recruiter. Then met with the hiring manager. He made it a point to let me know there was not much opportunity for advancement / upward mobility here. He asked a few STAR questions and wanted responses to be very detailed. I was invited back for a third interview to do a 10 minute presentation on their product, but declined, because it didn't feel like a fit.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

Interview

The first phase of the interview process is a phone interview with a Human Resources Representative. Following that the next phase is an in-person interview, in my case with two Regional Managers. The second portion of the interview was very standard and they allowed ample time to both answer questions as well as ask questions of my own.

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc in September 2016.

Interview

15 minute screening call, but unorganized process. Have not heard back. Conducted by R&D Engineer manager. The questions only lasted five minutes, while the remainder was spent with my own questions. Seemed very rushed.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 well organized professional steps. Cook is exceptional in regards to their application and interview protocol and I commend them. So many companies rarely take time to acknowledge and respond after the painstaking task of what may be required to package your entire professional being at a glance only to prudently place it into a proverbial black hole.

1st step: phone interview with HR, 2nd step: in-person with HR and Regional Manager. 3rd step: the two top choice are flown to corporate where they'll have dinner with each other (I was told) as well as the interview panel (I assume). Throughout they entire process I was kept updated and informed in regards to what was to happen next, the process was extremely well briefed during all phases and they were true to their words. I initially submitted an application and a few days following that met with a recruiting employee during a networking event and I gave him all info in regards to the position in which I held interest and he was kind enough to forward it on and if not for him I would not have been recognized.

The phone Interview was extremely relaxed, professional and went as expected along the lines of further weeding out following resume submission (and I must make mention that I did not initially make it through application/resume submission via the website because I received a rejection email based on that submission but a few days later received a call asking if I'd like to schedule a phone interview). I'm sure the interview was made possible because of my networking and I had a chance to discuss in person what I had to offer because I actually lacked sales experience (as they know it to be) but I felt I had so much to offer.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions were constantly asked on phone and in depth during 1:1 in regards to who are you, what are you looking for and why are you looking to be a part of Cook Medical? The in-person interview was inundated with "EXPERIENCED" sales questions proper protocol and what would you do type scenarios in conjunction with again... who are you, will you fit in, what are you looking for and why here?   1 Answer

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

Interview

A lot of interviewers, including HR, department colleagues and potential boss participated in the interview. They were pleasant and allowed me to get a sense of the work culture and people in the company. I get the sense that they were very keen to get someone who would be a good fit with the people there.

Interview Questions

• Mainly revolving around work experience that would fit the job role   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

Interview

On-Campus recruiting and on campus application. You will need to submit your resume via campus career center and then wait to see if you get first round interview. If you get first round interview, you will receive a notification and then you need to sign up for it. Interview will be set up on the campus career center.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

Interview

The initial phone interview was your basic "why do you want to work for Cook?"

The in-person interview was with the person in the current role for which I was applying, a member of HR, and the person who would be my potential manager. The interviewers were extremely nice and responsive, and made me feel very comfortable. They asked me the basic "What are your strengths and weaknesses," "Explain a situation where you had to overcome a difficult situation in your current role," etc.

It was a positive experience, and they emailed me a nice response, explaining that they were going with another applicant. I would say it was a positive experience overall.