Cook Medical Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc (Bloomington, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

Have to go through a third party hiring service to start. Once you completed their skills tests and passed a drug screen you were moved on to the oral interview at Cook.

Interview Questions

• There were many questions asked during the interview process. Typical questions such as, what are your strengths and weaknesses. What’s the one thing I can do to help Cook. What days Could I work.   1 Answer

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc (Houston, TX).

Interview

Great communication. Emails and phone calls were prompt and to the point. They were flexible and understanding it could be hard to break away from a current job for phone calls. The position was in a different state and the timeframe to make it there by air made it an issue. Three days notice drastically altered the ticket price (of which they did not offer to pick up the tab). Bad taste in my mouth from that.

Interview Questions

• If offered the position, what would you bring to the team that we currently don't have? While this seems like a softball, with out knowing the backgrounds of other clinical specialist, you just sound like a "me too". Maybe i over was over thinking it.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc (New York, NY).

Interview

Very haphazard in coordination amongst HR executives to set up interview. I waited and for weeks for a callback just to wait more time. Received a call six months after interviewing to try again in the next wave of internships.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc (East Lansing, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

After meeting with a requiter at a fair they scheduled an interview the next day. The interviewer was nice and asked the general interview questions such as your education, experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was one big challenge thus far in your life and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

Interview

Contacted, interviewed, then submitted application. Had a skype interview with the team and 2 managers. Was asked about resume, school, and project possibilities. Overall very laid back and low pressure interview. The questions were rather basic and do not test your knowledge very much, except that they ask about what you know about the company. Do your research!

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc (Bloomington, IN) in September 2012.

Interview

Interviews were conducted on-campus. Only one round of interviews was conducted after the initial resume screening. The interview was purely behavioral and focused on skills and prior experience. We heard of results in two weeks' time. The offer letter signing process was fairly straightforward and HR was very responsive in case of questions.

Interview Questions

• There were few unexpected questions - quite standard behavioral questions were asked   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

Interview

On-Campus recruiting and on campus application. You will need to submit your resume via campus career center and then wait to see if you get first round interview. If you get first round interview, you will receive a notification and then you need to sign up for it. Interview will be set up on the campus career center.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc (Bloomington, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

Two interviews one with SBU Marketing Manager and one with HR. Marketing Manager questions were walk me through your resume, do you have project management experience, tell me about a time when you worked in a team. Why Cook Medical?
    Everybody is super nice, very welcoming and great environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Internship doesn't have a negotiation option.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc (Bloomington, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

One hour phone screen and one hour personal interview. They immediately wanted to know what my salary requirements were, even before describing in detail what the job responsibilities were, and when I gave a range, they said they could not meet it. I countered with the fact that salary was not my primary driver and that I was flexible. I felt they did not have an intention of hiring me because I was way out of their range but that they needed to interview a certain number of people in a 1:1 and wasted my time and efforts.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to our company?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cook Medical Inc (Greensboro, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

Initial interview consisted of speaking with HR Manager in a phone interview (about 1 hour). Very impressed with my qualifications, and advanced me to the next level. Spoke with Director of Marketing a few days later (again, a phone conversation that lasted about 45 minutes) and he was also impressed. He was seeking a "quarterback" for his team, and thought my qualifications fit perfectly. Both interviews consisted of finding a person that had a diverse marketing experience that they could bring to the table as opposed to someone that was intimate with their markets and products (my qualifications happen to fit both criteria). Another called ensued with HR to discuss time/date for a 1:1 personal interview. At this point the issue of salary came up. They were in the $65k range, which was far below my current level. There was no movement possible on their end, and the interview process abruptly ended.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a product launch experience in which you participated or managed?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with segmentation? What criteria/process do you use?   Answer Question