CouponDunia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CouponDunia Interview Questions

Interviews at CouponDunia

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Coding test of Hackerrank. I could finish 2 two questions.
    Skype Round asking questions about designing a cart checkout process. How would you store credit card numbers in DB?
    OnSite Questions: Find the maximum subarray.

Interview Questions

• designing a cart checkout process. How would you store credit card numbers in DB?
      Find the maximum subarray.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andheri (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CouponDunia (Andheri (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

1st will be Telephonic Interview,if u get selected ,HR will call you for F2F interview. you need to fix the schedule with HR with their process. Concern person will take your interview for 20-30 mins.

Interview Questions

• About my Background,My workprofile, & why coupondunia..where you look yourself after 5 years.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at CouponDunia in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process is very lengthy and took nearly 40days to finish all round of interviews. I have finished 4 rounds of interview including two online test and two technical interviews. The final interview with CEO having architect level. After completing 5 rounds of interview with spending around 40days, finally they said sorry, you are not met our expectations with our existing position. Very shame. how they couldnt recognise people within 4 rounds of interview with these such technical team. 8th wonder of the world. :)

Interview Questions

• questions are like logical question and architect level. other process through online test.   Answer Question

Feb 1, 2015 – CEO

For most candidates the process takes much shorter. Usually within 2 weeks. If there are scheduling issues or delays in the candidate taking the online test or completing our coding task the process can take longer. But usually it's within 2 weeks.

Now as for the question of why it took five rounds. First, most candidates are put through four rounds (online test, technical interview, coding task, technical interview). This candidate was a borderline candidate. Not a clear reject and not a clear hire. We needed an additional round to make a determination.

The candidate is implying that this is excessive. We disagree. We are thorough when it comes to hiring technical talent and make no apologies for wanting to hire the best.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CouponDunia (New Delhi (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty chilled out and similar to the ones mentioned before. It seems that the engineers tend to ask you tough questions just for the heck of it. Most of the interviewers aren't open to new solutions and are just expecting the solutions and designs already available on the internet.
    One thing in particular that I found too unprofessional was that my interviewer kept using swear words while talking. There was extensive use of profanity while he was giving me examples and discussing the questions.
    I don't know what the interviewers are told to do, but this isn't how a person representing a company and trying to recruit you is supposed to talk.

Interview Questions

CouponDunia Response

Sep 11, 2015 – CEO

We looked into this complaint and were able to identify both the reviewer and the interview based on the "Design WhatsApp" question because we document each question asked in each interview. And this question is one that we rarely ask.

What we found is that this review is highly exaggerated and from someone who was not given an offer (the review claims he "declined offer", however that is untrue because we did not make him an offer). The negativity of the feedback is probably fueled by the lack of an offer.

The interviewer admits there was a single use of profanity in the interview. He regrets doing so and will be more careful going forward. However, it was not the "extensive use of profanity" that is described here.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied through college recruitment. The company conducted an online coding rounds of 3 questions in 90 minutes on hackerrank after which there was a skype interview. The results were very disappointing and no transparency was provided. Even after passing majority of the test cases,among the students who got similar results, only 1 was selected. It raises a lot of questions on the selection procedure. No employee was present to proctor the online coding round. Very disappointed with the procedure.

Interview Questions

CouponDunia Response

Sep 3, 2015 – CEO

Like most companies who come for campus recruitment, we shortlist only the students who pass the coding round. This year, in some colleges, we have interviewed up to 10 students. It depends on how well the students at a particular college fare on the test. If in your college only 1 student was interviewed, it was because only 1 student passed the test.

Before the test we set a minimum score and we stick to it. We are ready to skip interviews entirely if everyone fails. We don't interview X number of students for the sake of interviewing X number of students to keep the university/students happy. That is a waste of our time and the students time. That said, on average when we do a campus recruitment we interview 5+ students.

Also like most companies, we generally do not release scores or provide an explanation directly to those who did not pass the coding round. However, that's what your placement coordinator is there to do. He would most likely already know all the above.

Lastly, passing the given test cases does not indicate that the problem was solved anywhere near correctly. This is because, for some questions, the given test cases are *intentionally* the trivial test cases. But after submission, your code is scored against a set of test cases that are significantly more difficult and include edge cases. This helps differentiate those with a complete understanding of the problem from those with a superficial understanding

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CouponDunia in February 2016.

Interview

First screening emails of know how introduction.
    Initial emails with basic android questions. Use of android blah blah
    Coding assignment with use of api and submission of code within one week. After submission they just disappear.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CouponDunia.

Interview

Resume screen ,online. Coding round on hackerrank ,then few technical interviews and then hr interview ,coding round is the most important part of the process in my opinion and for that you need to be proficient in algorithms and competitive programming ,time given is 90 minutes and level is tough

Interview Questions

• Dynamic programming
      Backtracking
      One general but complicated program   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CouponDunia (Mumbai (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

Selected for interview based on my resume.
    1st round:- Telephonic technical round (1 hour) by Sr. Web Developer
    2nd round:- Skype technical round (1 hour 20 minutes) by CEO.

Both the interviews were great, and a complete test of web development and IQ. All the technologies including PHP, MySQL, jQuery, AJAX, Node.JS etc. were covered in the questions.
    No coding or algorithmic round was there.

They asked me to join before December, but as I am still undergoing my post-graduation, it was impossible and they were unable to reserve my place till June'14.
    Overall my experience was good, but unfortunately I was unable to join a good company.

Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CouponDunia (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

It's a 4 round process I guess, I made it till the 3rd round.

3 Telephonic Technical rounds and One Assignment Round.

Telephonic round consists of programming language knowledge and puzzles and probability questions.

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CouponDunia (Mumbai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

it was very simple:
    1. Telephonic Interview
    2. Personal Interview
    3. Confirmation through mail and offer letter

I would say it was a dialogue interview as they wanted to know about my understanding of the job description. They also gave their input about the profile. This made me more clear about he work.