Covad Communications Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Covad Communications Group Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Covad Communications Group

NOC Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Covad Communications Group.

Interview

Straight forward basic questions. Nothing really network related since they train you on the ATM alarms. 1 to 1 interview with various NOC managers. Not a full panel internview. Pretty laid back and intereviewed took place in a snack cafeteria type room.

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Covad Communications Group (Denver, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

Two manager interview exploring mostly technical qualifications. They seemed rather flexible in terms of recent experience and knowledge. Some customer service questions, and then some additional scenario based questions. The managers were intimately familiar with the role, as both had previously worked as NOC Technicians and were tenured.

Interview Questions

• The discussion of ATM. As this is not on most associate level certifications, this was a very unexpected topic. However, in a service provider environment, ATM provides many benefits both from both a cost and operational perspective so I should have been the wiser.   Answer Question

Negotiation

this was a contract position, so the range was very inflexible. Even though I came in initially beyond the high end, negotiating was somewhat difficult only due to the inexperienced recruiter whom worked for a third party hiring agency which did not directly reflect the upon Covad itself.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Covad Communications Group (San Jose, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

two time interview with hiring manager and director, then VP finance

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covad Communications Group (San Jose, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

The interviewer mainly asked about strengths and weaknesses and then it was fully technical interview. They sent all scheduled interviewers one by one and all had their specific strength areas.

Systems Administrator Interview

Interview

1 Phone Screening, 1 Face to Face with hiring manager and another system administrator. Pretty straight forward interview that involved a lot of technical questions concerning Microsoft related products, system administration and networking. The hiring manager presented himself well, as did the system administrator. They both seemed to know the technology, which is important.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not have to negotiate, I got the salary I desired,