Covenant House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Covenant House Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.6

Outreach Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covenant House.

Interview

Standard interview with friendly coordinators, in a very casual setting. Both were professional and kind. They asked about previous professional experiences and referred to my resume. I accepted the job offer instantly and love it there. They really show that they like working for the kids.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with at risk youth   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covenant House (Hollywood, CA).

Interview

Fair direct questions nothing too tricky but you have to know the population. And it was a comfortable environment as far as office, staff, and culture of residence working to assist.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Covenant House.

Interview

After the interview you will be sent a packet which will be sent out for background check yes, the process takes 3weeks . I almost pulled out my hair after the 3 weeks you then go get fingerprinted 5 days after that you are given a schedule and salary package .

Interview Questions

• I was interview by two people both were the managers of the two shelters during the interview I was asked about my reaction towards teens outreach .
      How would I get the message out to teens about responsibility?
      Tactics I would take with outrageous teens ?   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlantic City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Covenant House (Atlantic City, NJ).

Interview

One on One interview by manager, asked questions regarding my background and history working with the population. Asked about the mission and my ability to be on call during non working hours. Also wanted to know what my future goals were to get a sense of how long i plan to stay at the jonb

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Covenant House (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I emailed them my resume, they called me for an interview. Two people interviewed me for the first round and then they asked if I could stay to meet another Director instead of coming back. Very smooth and welcoming

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a Resident that was acting out towards you   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Covenant House.

Interview

Submitted online application, received contact (online and phone) from hiring manager within 3 days. Met with manager and discussed role and responsibilities. Very relaxed interview with genuinely kind staff member.

Interview Questions

I didn't decline due to the abysmally low offer for such a difficult job. I declined because of the handling of my background check. Messier than it needed to be. It raised serious red flags for me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Covenant House (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted same day to schedule interview. Was given the option of having a phone or in-person interview at office. Chose the latter. Met with intern supervisor the following week. She was very friendly and truly seemed interested in what I could contribute. Was hired within the next few days.

Human Resource Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Covenant House (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I got an on-site interview as the first interview. Two interviewers went through some normal questions along with my previous experience and career goal. There was more exploration about personal experience based on my response. Interview was not hard and interviewers are both very nice. After two days, I got an offer for their internship.

Faith Community Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covenant House (Stanford, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

There was a pre-screening by the Coordinator and then there was a Skype interview with both the Coordinate and Director. The (Skype) interview was an hour long and the questions were alternated between the two interviewers. The interview questions included scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Could you walk me through your resume?   1 Answer
    • What do you like to do on the weekends?   Answer Question
    • If your housemates were going to the bar and invited you, would you go?   Answer Question

Telefundraiser Interview

Interview

Easy and straighforward. It was not hard at all. Just make sure you are familar with their mission. I came in ththe afternoon. My interviewer was courteous and personable. I did not have a problem with any of the questions. I felt positive at the end of the interview. He told me all the requirements of the job.