Cozen O Connor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.8

IT Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cozen O Connor (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter from Liberty Jobs about this role. My resume was submitted and I was contacted for a phone screen with the help desk supervisor shortly after The recruiter had neglected to mention that this position would be temporary; only lasting a month. The help desk manager casually mentioned it during the interview, which was how I found out since they seem to have purposely left it out of the job description. After my interview, I e-mailed the recruiter asking why he didn't tell me the job was so short-term. Have yet to hear back from him about this and any feedback/follow-up in general. Will never work with Liberty Jobs again. Dodging e-mails and no follow ups after the interview is extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were pretty typical for a IT support role.   Answer Question

Cozen O Connor Response

Mar 23, 2017 – CHRO

We are sorry you had a bad experience with Liberty Jobs. We expect any recruiting agency we use to respond to candidates and provide them with through information about the job.

Event Planning/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cozen O Connor (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

You sit down and have a casual conversation with three people. It was very easy and the conversation was casual. They asked mostly about my resume and why I wanted to work there. As long as you make connections with them you are fine.

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cozen O Connor in September 2016.

Interview

I had an initial interview with a managing partner and then a second round of interviews with additional attorneys from the office. They asked a variety of questions and were very honest and upfront about the program, the firm culture and expectations.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cozen O Connor (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was a typical 30 minute screener with two interviewers. The callback was shorter than most callbacks, only interviewing with four attorneys and no lunch included with the morning interviews. I'm not sure if this was their typical practice. Though, they moved quickly as the whole process took just over a week.

Interview Questions

• The interview started asking what I would like to know about the firm.   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cozen O Connor (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview process was rather quick. Whole process from application to start date was less than a month. I applied online and was called within the first week. First interview was with AP supervisor. Call back interview was with Controller and Asst Controller. Position was offered and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Have you previously worked for a law firm?   1 Answer

Conflicts Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cozen O Connor.

Interview

The interview process was intensive but not unpleasant, and I was impressed by how highly organized the conflicts process was. However, that hyper-organization was the very reason I bowed out of the interview process. Everything the analysts do is reviewed and second-guessed, even to the point of critiquing the very search terms used. That's not in itself a bad thing, except when you are told to search "Cleveland" with alternatives like "Cleeveland", "Cleaveland" and, oddly, "Kleveland." I suppose that means one would search "Philadelphia" as "Filadelphia" as well. At some point you have to accept that just because there are any number of possible misspellings of a word doesn't mean a good conflict search includes all of them.

If you like a good deal of structure and direction, this is the job for you. If you're an independent self-starter, you might do better somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between an ethical conflict and a business conflict?   1 Answer

Marketing and Special Events Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cozen O Connor (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was very standard, meeting with two current employees in the marketing and special events department. They spoke to me briefly about the company and the position, then started the formal interview process. They asked me between 7-10 questions and then followed up by asking if I had any questions. In total the interview took about 45 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Cozen O Connor?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an experience when you had to work in a fast paced environment.   Answer Question

Legal Assistant to Partner and 1Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cozen O Connor (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was hired over the phone with 1 interview prior to the phone call.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see you life in 5 years from now.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was making far less than what I was offered so I graciously accepted the offer.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cozen O Connor (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

Typing test, described previous work experience. Asked whether I was interested in full or part time employment. They also asked what type of other firms I worked for. They wanted to know if I was interested in working in their secretarial pool. What type of equipment I had worked on

Interview Questions

• What type of salary I was looking for. They tested my typing and dictation skills. I used Microsoft word, office and powerpoint. They wanted to know whether I had worked on briefs and motions before.   1 Answer
    • They wanted to know what I was looking for in a company like theirs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was no real negotiation they felt my pricing was reasonable.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cozen O Connor in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was between me and the office manager Tracy Sanasac. The managing partner of the office told me about the job opening, because he is my father Gerard P. Harney. The interview went well, as I was hired. There were no real intense questions in my interview, because I was not seen as staying as long as twelve years. The interview with Tracy Sanasac must have been positive, as I was hired. The interview process was one route to a full-time job with eventually all the benefits; such as, health insurance and a health club membership.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could read depositions & form line-digests from them?   1 Answer