Cranfield University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cranfield University Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.5

Research Fellow In Multi-disciplinary Design & Optimization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cranfield University (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Skype interview with three panel members with relevant technical expertise. The interview was chaired by the professor in charge for the position, and the other two members had expertise in the field relevant to my research background. In about an hour, we discussed in significant detail about my research experience as a doctoral student and how that related to the responsibilities of the fellow (if hired). The panel also enquired about specific ideas that I could bring to their team for the current project.
    The interview ended with an opportunity for me to learn more about their research facilties as well as other relevant knowledge about the position, such as what specific ideas were being worked on for the optimization of aircraft wing designs.

Interview Questions

• How would you optimize an a airplane wing design? How would you weigh in the factors of the structural stability and aerodynamic efficiency?   1 Answer

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cranfield University (Cranfield, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on line, invited for an interview after 4 weeks. Usual interview questions, tailored around job description. Do not expect feedback if unsuccessful at the interview stage, they only send a generic rejection letter.

KTP Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cranfield University.

Interview

The interview went well, it was more on finding the right person that can approach the internet of things. It was done at the industrial partner site and the whole process was just about finding the right person fit the description of the ktp associate. Didnt even have a reply of not getting the job.

Ph D Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cranfield University (Cranfield, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a skype interview. They had no webcam, question seems a school quiz test . Other questions about my Msc. Thesis project and on results carried out in this thesis,

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cranfield University (Bedford, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with three other people. Talk about your experiences and how you would fit into the group. Talk us through your CV. More questions specific to the role. Lasted about an hour.

Phd Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cranfield University (Cranfield, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Verbal chat with a panel of 2 using the supporting material such as lists of tasks performed and experiences, CV, images of the previous modelled work, transcripts etc. The interview included a self-prepared presentation followed by answering questions related to both previous experience and the understanding of the project applied for.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a preliminary version of the project plan that you currently foresee for this project. What activities and deliverables it includes, what topics and skills will you need to develop to achieve this, what is the approximate timeframe?   1 Answer

PhD Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cranfield University (Cranfield, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied through the online website Newscientistjobs.co.uk and got a call for the interview within 4 weeks. Cranfield University had sent a cab to pick me up from the MK train station as the University is 7-8 miles from the Milton Keynes (MK). Interview panel gave a warm welcome and the whole process of question and answer was more of a conversation rather than a regorous torture. Mostly the question was related to my MSc and the Projects I waroked on during the Masters. My interview panle included three faculty members from the department and I was given the offer just after the interview.

Interview Questions

• They specifically asked about my MSc thesis and how did I manage to come with the result and what were the problems I encountered and how did I solve them.   Answer Question

Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cranfield University in July 2014.

Interview

Took less than 10 minutes, just received a call that the employer wishes to conduct an interview for the position I applied for, it was friendly and quite calm the whole process in which it was conducted.

MSC Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sevilla (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cranfield University (Sevilla (Spain)) in October 2013.

Interview

Skype

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible

Interview

I just sent an email with my CV to a professor that was doing research in a field i was interested in. The same day he answered telling me that my CV was good and I was welcome to do an internship. Then I had to fill out a form mentioning the professor as my tutor and send it back, and from there on it was just bureaucracy to obtain admission.