Crunchyroll Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Crunchyroll Interview Questions

Interviews at Crunchyroll

2.9

Job Title Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crunchyroll.

Interview

Submitted my resume and was invited to the office for an early am interview. I travel to SF only to find out that the person interviewing me is actually not in the office after waiting at the front desk. We proceed to do the interview over the phone and since I don't want to be the stranger hanging around the front desk and kitchen area pitching their background and qualifications in front of everyone hanging around that area I exit to the hallway. So there I am doing my interview between the elevators and bathroom thinking to myself this was definitely worth the trip. I interview and get asked the salary question and it turns out that my salary expectations were higher than what they were planning to pay for that role. All in all I felt like that was a productive morning.

Interview Questions

• What are your ballpark salary expectations?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crunchyroll.

Interview

Apply online. Totally forget it after more than one month waiting. Receive an email to set up a phone interview. Answer a lot of stupid behavior question during phone interview. Then a code challenge. A graph traversal problem mixed some easy algorithm. I finished it by Ruby. The online test case check website is WRONG!!! I figure out what's wrong with that check website, and pass all test cases. Code style is based on standard Ruby style.
    Get a deny email without any reason after a weekend. The only reason I can assume why I get deny is nobody in their stupid team can understand Ruby language. Those unprofessinial engineers ruin my one night and make me feel disgusted about this company.
    They are not hiring people, they just use code challenge to enrage people.
    DO NOT APPLY IT.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose our company   1 Answer

Crunchyroll Response

Aug 27, 2014 – Director of HR

We appreciate your taking the time to apply via the jobs page. We are in fact currently hiring within various departments, however there are methods of screening that we utilize which in some cases include a Coding Challenge. We can certainly empathize with your frustration if you had a some challenges with the coding test. We have a very fun, vibrant environment and our employees are professional and really do represent the Company in a good light. It is not professional to make negative references about our team because we have specific criteria required when hiring for various Engineer/Developer roles. We invite interested parties to apply! We want to continue to build a passionate team that really drives our product!!!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crunchyroll (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was solicited by an in-house recruiter. Whole process very smooth, went through phone interviews, a code challenge, then onsite in SF with 5 rounds. They seemed well-prepared and I was happy that they took the time to send me a detailed schedule of the onsite with a list of who I would be meeting with in each time slot as well as how long each meeting was expected to be. I had another offer on the table and they graciously sped up the offer and decision process and was able to get back to me in just 2 days.

In general HR/recruiting was super responsive and quite helpful, although I found it a bit strange that they don't really provide their phone numbers only email - when I needed to get in contact with them I had trouble finding any numbers despite all the email correspondence we had, but luckily one HR person had called me before so I was able to trace the number back through caller ID. Overall a great, professional process. Left a good impression on me.

Interview Questions

• NDA. Take home code challenge   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Crunchyroll (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interviews- was nice and the person was genuinely excited about working there. She loved to go to work and told me about their many perks. The position had to do with management of all their channels as well as advanced reporting and cross-pollination of strategies between departments. The locations and office culture sounded great, but the position was a little run of the mill regarding autonomy to come up with new innitatives.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crunchyroll.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter reached out to me for an available interview time, but then never followed up with me to actually interview. I tried emailing them back a few times to check if they were still interested in interviewing, but the company stopped responding to me.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Crunchyroll (San Francisco, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

I had a pretty standard interview, meeting with roughly 6-8 people in a 3 hour period. It took awhile to set up phone calls and hear back after the interview and I was disappointed to recieve an email rejection, rather than a phone call. Other than this, the office was pretty cramped but seemed like a standard start-up company.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crunchyroll (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Various phone calls, onsite. They also gave in a question for completion of some task to be submitted within a week before onsite. The whole process was smooth and they considered your actual knowledge and skillset for the job to be assigned.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Crunchyroll.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screening and had the phone screening with someone on the team. They said I would hear back from the recruiter but I never did, despite me sending a follow-up email. It seems like this has been happening to a lot of candidates based on other reviews, which is quite sad considering I went into this screening with a lot more respect for the company than I left with.

Some reviews suggest it's due to internal problems of being purchased by Ellation but it's been over a year at this point, so I believe it's just the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• What kind of modeling experience do you have?
      Do you have experience with content?   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Crunchyroll (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied from the company website and received an email response from the Customer Support Manager within 24 hours. We set up a time to speak on the telephone and the Manager called at exactly the time he said he would which I really appreciated. The questions probed my customer service background, attention to detail and general knowledge of Anime and Japanese pop culture. The interview was relaxed but professional. Unfortunately, I accepted another position by the time the manager asked me to come back for an second interview.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything about the site that you found confusing or that you would improve?   1 Answer

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crunchyroll in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was sent a skills test/questionnaire. After sending in my response I was scheduled with a phone interview. That whole process took about a week. I thought the phone interview went well, but apparently they had a large pool of applicants and I did not make it to the next round with my current experience. The phone interviewer was great though, she answered all of my questions and was very familiar with my resume. She also let me know the interview result (that they weren't moving forward with me) within 1 business day, which was much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• My favorite series on our site is X. What series similar to that, that's on our site, would you recommend I watch next?   Answer Question