Cubic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.6

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cubic (Austin, TX).

Interview

The first round is a quick 30 min phone screen. It's followed by a 2.5 hour onsite session that includes an interview with the team that's hiring, a meeting for fit with other designers who work there, and a meeting with the HR rep.

The onsite portion was casual/relaxed and every person I met was very friendly. They do not seem interested in grilling you and making you uncomfortable. They are a fairly new team and seem more interested in finding a good fit.

Field Cameraman (Fort Polk) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pflugerville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cubic (Pflugerville, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone interview lasted three minutes. HR hiring manager didn’t even get to my qualifications before she tried to convince me that this wasn’t the job for me. First she tried location (I’m several hours away), then she tried a low ball hourly figure. Wrapped it all up with “this isn’t going to work out.” Without knowing me, my financial situation or anything about me, she lined up with interview and then systematically shot me down. Makes me wonder if they already had their person lined up, but needed to pad the interview process.

Interview lasted three minutes maximum.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cubic.

Interview

Two phases: initial phone screen and onsite for culture fit. The initial phone screen was very typical for this type of role, however the onsite included some unusual culture-fit questions. If you make the onsite, be sure you get solid directions for the office location and parking. Do not depend on GPS or signage.

Technical Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cubic (Orlando, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview itself was fine. One phone screen followed by an on-site interview followed by offer. Took about 3-4 weeks overall.

What makes this a negative review is the total lack of professionalism of the HR staff. I was informed by the hiring manager that they were interested in hiring me and that HR would call to chat soon.

During the chat with HR, I was asked for preferred salary. I informed them that I'd be willing to take a lower salary for a non-contract position, to which he seemed to respond favorably. I never heard back after that call. How does a company the size of Cubic justify ghosting a successful candidate in a situation like that? Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How would you balance rock paper scissors if the producer wanted to remove paper?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Twentynine Palms, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cubic (Twentynine Palms, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Straight forward, i was asked to provide my resume for a posistion by a friend. I submitted the required documents and had a very short interview. the biggest concerns were, traveling, but they are taking care of me and funding sponsored trips

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cubic.

Interview

Received phone call from program manager. We discussed the actual job and my experience. We even discussed salary upfront as he brought this up because I was originally asking for a higher base salary in the application.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about yourself that I can't already see in your resume?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tullahoma, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cubic (Tullahoma, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

It was very thorough and detailed. After my initial resume submission I had to provide answers in writing to four questions specific to the job. Then a 1.5 hour phone interview followed by a plant trip with a 1.5 hour panel interview by 6 people.

WHSE Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Riley, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cubic (Fort Riley, KS) in June 2017.

Interview

Only went through an interview and have not heard back yet. Received a call one day and agreed to meet the next day. Interviewers did most of the talking so I did most of the listening.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the process took about 4+ weeks. First, got a phone call, asked about resume questions by one of the senior project managers. A week later I was asked to interview on-site.

Interview Questions

• 1. Most of the questions were based on resume. 2. Open-ended questions.
      If you were asked to build an elevator, what question would you ask me?   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Disorganized interviewing process. They called me for an on-site but they had no idea what questions to ask me; and so they went for the usual slurpee questionnaire. Data structures, basics of RESTful services and random questions about SOAP. To make it more interesting, the last part of the interview was with 3 "architects" who asked endless questions about my current job, and how I handle various issues such as scalability. The discussion was interesting but proved irrelevant.

Interview Questions

• Find before last element in a LinkedList.   2 Answers
    • Some mumble about RESTful services. I really could not understand and I assumed they wanted me to talk about restful services in general.   1 Answer
    • What is SOAP made of.   Answer Question