Cubic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cubic Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cubic.

Interview

My interview was with the manager of the team. The recruiter was very responsive and friendly. Had a 1:1 with the recruiter as well. The interview was onsite at the Cubic head quarters.

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly about my past projects and experience.
      Why do you like C++ and how does it differ from other programming languages
      Answer Question

Combat Systems SE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marinette, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cubic (Marinette, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed, very informative. Ensured me of the job position and the future at Cubic. talked about my interests and goals. Discuss my role at Cubic to help the betterment of the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cubic.

Interview

Posting | application done online; initial interview via phone. Short introduction, and then a handful of questions to vet experience, skill fit. I was allowed to ask a few questions after, and assumed the interview would last at least 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What about these jobs (being considered for two) appealed to you so as to apply with Cubic? Another two questions about previous experience | process, and a question about why considering other opportunities.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was already familiar with my work history based on my resume. They were more interested in getting to know me and the type of person I was and what type of atmosphere I would be bringing to the office. I personally enjoy this type of interviewing much better than the typical interview question and answer session.

Interview Questions

• What did you like or dislike about your previous boss?   Answer Question

Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very easy going. It helped me "loosen up" and not be nervous, as it made me feel comfortable. She explained the objectives of the position and asked me about myself. Nothing too complicated.

Program Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on-line and was contacted one month later by HR for a phone interview the following week. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes where the hiring manager began the conversation by describing the role, the company and where they needed help. I discussed my background and how it was relevant to the role. Overall, the conversation was pleasant but the interviewer was on a speaker phone and people were coming in and out of the room which was a bit distracting.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cubic (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

A brief phone screening to ask about what your favorite language is to code in, and other projects you've worked on before. Then an on site interview with the usual behavioral questions about teamwork and time management

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopewell, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cubic (Hopewell, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

The HR rep was very understanding and helped me transfer into civilian life very well. He also let me know what were some of the errors that I have that are on my resume that could have cause me to be overlooked

Interview Questions

• How long where you in the military   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cubic (Berkeley, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy and comfortable. The first interview was with Blair (General Manager), and a second interview a week later was with Merrie Dufrene (Senior HR Manager). They were both really down to each and honestly just themselves. I was glad they chose me for the position! The first two weeks were crucial just because I had to wait for their recruiter to get back to me on their decision going forward with the next step.

Interview Questions

• What would be a challenge for you with this new position?   1 Answer
    • What is the most rewarding thing or situation you've overcome from your previous or current position and why?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cubic.

Interview

Not terribly difficult. You're interviewed by ~4 people individually, one at a time. First two ask technical questions, third one asks personal questions, and the fourth just goes over the benefits. The ones that ask you the technical questions seem to be the ones that lead their own groups. One of the groups seems to focus more on embedded systems programming, while the other focuses on software/databases/UI programming etc.

Practice your whiteboard skills.

Interview Questions

• String questions. OOP questions. What is a singleton pattern?   Answer Question