Culver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Culver

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Culver (Culver, IN).

Interview

I applied online. The process took roughly a month. I sent in my resume, there was a phone call interview, another phone call with the head of the department to which I was applying, and then an on-campus interview (marathon day).

The marathon interview involved dinner with a current intern, and then a number of interviews with various teachers, the headmaster, and other people from the administration.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to get out of this internship?
      What were you like in high school?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Culver in May 2012.

Interview

Very easy interview. All they asked was my availability, past jobs, what are my strengths,and why I wanted to work for them. It was the most easiest interview I had ever had! After that the woman interviewing me went over the hand book with me. Then she took me in the back to fill out some paper work and gave me my uniform. Then she told me when to come into work. Very easy laid back interview.

Grill Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roscoe, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Culver (Roscoe, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

one quick interview, then they call you in 1-2 days. If you get the job you get a call If they decide not to hire you after the interview you will not be called, you will just eventually figure out they don't want you.

Interview Questions

• what is a weakness of yours?
      Do you work well with a team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, you are told what your pay will be. Your uniform cost comes out of your pay check. You are expected to buy a pair of no slip shoes, also payed for out of pocket (Trust me you need them or you will fall at some point).

Assistant Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Culver (Richmond, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview is conducted via Skype. Its a behavioral interview that seeks to establish whether or not you will be a good fit to join the Culver family. Be prepared to state exactly what role who hope to fulfill at Culver during this interview. If you have attended Culver yourself, be sure to stress that you are not returning to take part in a 4th year of Culver summer school. Stress that you are interested in working at Culver in order to have a real impact on young people and help provide them with the Culver experience that so many have come to respect and value.

Assistant Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Culver (Culver, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief, and over skype. They ask you generic questions to make sure you are not a weirdo and are who your resume says you are. Then they describe the job you are applying for. In my case, this was filled with lies and failed to mention the rediculous hours, lack of benefits, and incompetency of some coworkers. They give you a false picture of how great it is to work there in the interview to lure you in. I would only recommend this to a person who went to camp here and would return even if they knew they would have no breaks and would essentially work for free if they had to.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Culver (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed and easy, I felt like I did not have to be as nervous as I had been. The interviewer was very nice and made me comfortable and relaxed and eased my tension.