Cupertino Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cupertino Electric Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2016

Safety Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cupertino Electric (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was very organized, first was the operations people then the safety people and lastly Hr. They asked a variety of questions covering everything from my background to how I would handle specific situations.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cupertino Electric (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Long and arduous, almost painful. they spent a lot of time blowing their own horn. I was not sure if they were doing so because they were desperate to fill the position or were simply arrogant or both. It was very odd and uncomfortable. It gave me the feeling they were not being totally honest or forthright.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They came in low and then when I declined, they begrudgingly came up to area average.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cupertino Electric.

Interview

I was given a day and time to come in, as I was temp to hire. I arrived and was interviewed by my prospective manager. It was a smooth process. We discussed the project in detail and I felt comfortable with the description of the position and project.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cupertino Electric in May 2015.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted with the a member of HR. The operations department was not involved in the initial interview process. A follow up interview was conducted with the people in the operations department where they spoke about what you actual job would entail.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cupertino Electric in October 2014.

Interview

First interview was with human resources recruiter. Following that I met with several different division managers who asked me a variety of questions. Some of these had to do with construction and others were casual about my hobbies and interests. During the second interview at the HQ, I was given a tour of the office and met several friendly people. Everyone is very passionate and willing to help you with your job.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work there?
      My personal interests?
      Background?
      What experiences I have about electrical/construction?
      What my career goals are?
      What I value in a company?
      Answer Question

Purchasing Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cupertino Electric in October 2014.

Interview

Met with a member of HR, several potential team members, and two managers on the same day and interview. Went over experience and resume. We discussed what I wanted from my employer and a job and discussed whether I thought I would fit into the corporate culture. Overall, an easy interview process.

Apprentice Interview

Interview

You interview with the local union of your area then get randomly sent to a contractor. It is luck of the draw getting picked up by a good shop. Large shops have some benefits that small shops don't.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cupertino Electric (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2014.

Interview

Basic interview with project manager, and or senior project manager. A phone interview to discuss the position and small details, followed by a 1:1 interview at designated location. After interview information on when to expect a call or email about the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Experience in role and adaptability of environment   1 Answer

Project Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cupertino Electric (Cupertino, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Actually interviewed in Summer of 2007
    Interviewed on campus (1 on 1) was asked to come to Cupertino to talk to 3-4 people. HR mgr showed me around the office and shop. Met with head of estimating (your first department as a trainee), operations guy, and head of San Francisco office. Then met with president of company. All were very interesting and the interview felt low pressure and nice. I have an electrical background, this is a very technical company, so if you know nothing about electrical, it's probably not a great fit for you.
    Process took all day 8-5. Was actually fun (for an interview).

Interview Questions

• How would you wire this conference room   1 Answer

Decided that I didn't want to live in Silicon Valley. Wish I had made the move now that the economic depression is upon us.