Curtis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Curtis Interview Questions

Interviews at Curtis

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Curtis in February 2017.

Interview

Ask about resume projects and how you implemented them. Also asked about relevant classes you have taken in the field and ask how you did in those classes.

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Curtis (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview went smoothly. Three interview process: one over the phone, one with paralegals, one with the attorneys. Great view and the employees seemed personable. A bit unprofessional in letting weeks go by without a hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with challenging personalities?   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Curtis (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

"Super day" format: Four 30-minute individual interviews followed by a cocktail hour. You arrive, fill out some paperwork with everyone else interviewing that day, and then go from office to office to speak with the attorneys. Not particularly memorable, but I do remember that the offices were very warm. Odd, since all of the attorneys were wearing suits.

Interview Questions

• Many variations on "why Curtis, why this practice area"   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Curtis.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people at once, a bit intimidating but everyone was very friendly. It was a standard 30-minute interview with the usual questions. It was a positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Curtis.

Interview

Was contacted by the paralegal manager. Had a phone call and was then brought in for an interview. Met with her, and chatted about my prior positions/internships. She then called me back in to meet with the associates/counsel/partners in the department. Took about two hours and was extremely tiring, but everyone was very friendly... more of a conversation than an interrogation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Arbitration Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Curtis (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied via school career portal, called into NY office for interview. Interviewed both by office manager and outgoing paralegal (whose role I was selected to fill). I was then requested to send professional references and received an offer via phone shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to translate a written passage from English to Spanish under a half-hour time limit.   Answer Question

Human Resources & Recruiting Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Curtis (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

I was contacted almost immediately after applying for this position that they wanted to hold an interview! They had a flexible schedule and were very welcoming when I went into the office. I met with two young talented women who explained the company very well. Next I met with the Operations Manager and talked more about my experiences as a professional, and lastly I met with the Director of Human Resources and concluded the interview. Overall it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply for a position in a law firm?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Curtis.

Interview

2 phone interviews with one in-person interview. The in-person interview was very basic behavioral questions. If you answer with the right answers you will get the job. How hectic the job is vaguely mentioned. That is something you will see as you start working there.

Paralegal/Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Curtis (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screening, then an in-person interview with a recruiter, and then finally an in-person round of interviews with three attorneys. The screening and "first round" were standard and pleasant. However, the last three interviews were incredibly hostile and, in some ways, inappropriate. The first attorney asked me about my political affiliations ("are you a Republican?"), before delving into an analysis of the party's front-runners. He asked me close to nothing about the job or my experiences. It was just personal question after question. The interview after that was fairly standard. But the third one was just bizarre. The interviewer stared at me, before I finally asked him if I should tell him about myself/walk me through my resume, to which he said: "Well, that is inherently the purpose of an interview...to tell me more about yourself. So, yes." The interview was not directive, or even interactive, and all attempts to make any sort of communication were promptly shut down. All this made me wonder why they even brought me in for a final round of interviews in the first place, particularly when the recruiter and paralegals I met were so warm and open. It was alarming to see how the culture changed when higher-ups got involved.
    When I asked for feedback the following week, all I got was that I was "too nervous for a good read", and the recruiter herself seemed to be shocked by the sort of questions I was asked. I very strongly think that this is not the right sort of culture to work in if you value teamwork, communication, or even respect. Particularly if you're a woman, I would seriously consider if this is the sort of place you want to choose to start a career.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Curtis (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Meetings with various attorneys. Each interview included of a set of questions regarding my experience and knowledge about the practice and the firm. One interviewer tried to "test" my knowledge about the area of law I was being considered for. Overall, I would characterize as an average interview.