Curtiss-Wright Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.7

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelby, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright (Shelby, NC).

Interview

Hired through a Temp service, very brief interview with the company. Worked through a temp service off and on for several years. Then was asked to work full time temp. Then was made an offer for a full time position. Because of my work history with the company, The interview was very brief.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for Curtiss Wright?   1 Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright in September 2016.

Interview

It was an preliminary phone interview. Curtiss Wright corporate recuiting received my resume and contacted me in about 2 days by email requested the interview. Setting up the time took a little communicating but straight forward. The interview took about 30 minutes. I was told that my resume will be forwarded to the hiring department. And they will contact me for the next interview process. I am expecting this would be in the coming week.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my work history, What I did on this and that job, the reason I left. How are these past experience would contribute to the applied position. What are some of the past noticeable moments at work and what are some of the challenges faced.   Answer Question

Interview

Had a phone interview, was invited in for a face to face interview the next day, met with the controller and manager and received offer the day after interview. The offer was accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They called and wanted to make sure that I was still interested in the position and made me an offer 10 mins later I received my offer letter, waiting on background check and drug test to come back.

Mechanical Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied on my universities' career website. The process only took about 6 days total. I received a phone call asking to set up an interview. Two days later I had a phone interview and it was mostly behavioral questions. There were questions about my resume as well. Two days after the interview I got a call with and offer that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Q. What was a challenging experience you have encountered and how did you resolve this.?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright (San Diego, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

Curtiss-Wright, San Diego. I had an initial phone screen with HR. The engineering manager was scheduled to call me on a Thursday for a phone interview. He didn't call. I informed HR, and they rescheduled for the following day. Again no call from the engineering manger. About two weeks later (week before xmas) HR called again to reschedule. I told them that I would be out of town for the next two weeks, but I said I would make time for the interview and they could call me at the hotel. The day before the interview they e-mailed to say that they didn't want to interview me if I wouldn't be available to start work immediately (the week before xmas?). I told them that if they wanted, I would do the interview by phone and fly back home at my own expense to do an in-person interview. They said OK. I took the afternoon off and waited in my hotel room for the call, but of course, the engineerng manager never called.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright.

Interview

Initial phone interview with human resources in which we went over the resume, salary expectations, and I was asked about my strengths, weaknesses, examples of overcoming an obstacle, etc. The phone interview took about a half hour. This was followed by on-site interview with the team, which took nearly two hours.

Interview Questions

• The on-site interview was mainly very technical questions regarding board layout and design. Eg. How to reduce crosstalk, when to use memory components and how do you select the type of memory.   Answer Question

Lifecycle Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online to the ad. I was contacted by email the next day to set up a phone interview. After several emails, we set a convenient time for both and performed about a 30 min interview. My name was sent to the hiring manager but they needed someone within 30 days.

Interview Questions

• When I was available for the position   1 Answer