D1 Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

D1 Consulting Group Interview Questions

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at D1 Consulting Group (Naperville, IL).

Interview

This position is advertised as a junior consultant, but it is not a real management trainee program!

During the initial interview, I was asked questions about my past experience, future career plans, etc. Very standard interview questions. This interview was with a manager.

The second interview was longer and more drawb out. During this interview, I was asked about my familiarity with different types of marketing and the pay structure/growth structure was explained. The initial stages are 100% commission based, and only after completing a lot of training will you make some sort of compensation.

The hours are not ideal; 11 am to 8 pm M-F and 11am - 7 pm Sat.

Interview Questions

• What are your future career plans?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not particularly

Interview

The initial interview only took 15 minutes. The interviewer asked very basic questions, mostly about my resume. She gave a brief overview of the company and highlighted the structure of the work.

The second interview was much longer. During the hour and half interview, I was asked about my resume again, but walked through the company's background, the compensation package, as well as the advancement structure.

Interview Questions

• What are different types of marketing?
      What sales experience do you have?
      We work on weekends - 6 days a week. Would you be able to do that?
      Our hours are typically 10 or 11 until 8 pm. and Saturday's are 9-6 or so.   Answer Question

I declined the offer because the initial pay structure was strictly commission based. This means that the immense number of hours only pays off if people say yes to what you sell. The company works with AT&T Uverse, and door-to-door selling is involved. You only make the big money when you reach assistant manager roles, so that would not work for a college graduate with student loans.

Management, Sales, and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at D1 Consulting Group (Naperville, IL).

Interview

I came in for an interview that took about 20 minutes just getting to know my background. I then had a 2 hour interview the next week over lunch going over the structure and pay of the position.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at D1 Consulting Group (Naperville, IL).

Interview

The first interview was with the HR over the phone. They found my resume from the job board where I had posted, and was called in for the interview over a short notice as they said it was the last day for their first round of interviews. The first interview was short, lasted about a half hour with the manager. I was asked general questions about my goals, education, personality, etc. An hour after leaving the first interview, I was asked back for a second interview later that week. The second interview lasted about 3 hours, and consisted of one interviewer and another job candidate. Each candidate was asked details about their resume and were taken to lunch, where the details of the job and salary were discussed. After the interview a short survey form was given which included writing down some of the definitions explained during the interview. Overall, the interview process was very fast and courteous. However, the job description is not clear until about the second interview. The job consists of long hours and weekends, and door to door sales, with commission based salary. Higher salary is promised with increasing levels of training promotions but the time line seems hard to achieve.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name 3 strengths and weaknesses that you have?
      2. Describe yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at D1 Consulting Group (Naperville, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I was called on a Tuesday to interview with D1 on Wednesday morning. Round 1 was a brief 15 min interview, and I was asked to return for Round 2 later that same day. Overall, the interviewing process moved very quickly.

Interview Questions

• During Round 1 I was asked what 2 of my biggest strengths are.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at D1 Consulting Group (Naperville, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Very nice people. Interviewed with 2 different people. I thought it was a great company to interview with but I ended up staying with my current company. Seems like a good place to work.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at D1 Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I was done with two rounds, first was a casual resume review round and then I got a call I cleared it and was called again for second round where I was explained with the roles and responsibilities and It was all about marketing the AT& T product to clients via direct marketing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why are you best fit candidate?   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at D1 Consulting Group in September 2015.

Interview

They contacted me from an online website where I put up my resume. They called me in for an interview which was more of a meet and greet. When I first arrived there was music blasting in the reception area and they were playing the movie Wanye's World which I thought was a bit unprofessional.

Customer Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at D1 Consulting Group in August 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call for scheduling my first interview. I had my first round of interview with HR of D1 consultancy group. I was greeted very nicely and had a small talk about my background, my customer sales related questions and then the person describe about the work I will be doing at the company . Then I got a call for second interview with Manager of sales. it went well and I was informed to get third round of interview but didn't get a call after.

Interview Questions

• 1.Tell something about your background.
      2. describe your three qualities.
      3. why do you think you can fit in the company or why do you think we should hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at D1 Consulting Group (Naperville, IL).

Interview

They are really friendly during the whole interview process. They bring you into one of the manager's office & really just ask you about yourself; a getting to know you type of thing. If you are asked back for the second part of the interview, they ask you more in depth questions regarding your resume. 3rd part; you go on a job shadow.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      Why do you think you will be a great addition to this company?
      Why should I pick you over someone else?   Answer Question