DDI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DDI Consulting Interview Questions

Interviews at DDI Consulting

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DDI Consulting (Sacramento, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

I was recruited online, received an email about the company and position and called in to schedule an interview. Scheduling process was quick and I came in a few days after. The process took about a week total. Standard questions, not too easy but not too difficult if prepared with your vision/goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Springs, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DDI Consulting (Valley Springs, CA).

Interview

Easy interview process even though you don't know for sure what the company does. If you get call for a second interview you find out they sell tv cable plans. People seemed very nice over there and I could tell it was a good atmosphere. Just not the kind of sales I like: talking to people at Walmart and trying to sell direct tv/ AT&T
    Wish the job post said retail sales associate instead of junior account manager.

Interview Questions

DDI Consulting Response

Dec 2, 2015 – President & Ceo

Thank you for taking the time to meet with us, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Anyone who is invited back on a interview for the Junior Account Manager is given the opportunity to observe the... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DDI Consulting (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I applied through Indeed. It took a few weeks before I was contacted for an interview. Interview was quick and not very challenging. The whole office was small. Didn't hear back for several weeks

Interview Questions

• How do you describe your work ethic?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DDI Consulting (Sacramento, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Went through two interviews, but did not receive an offer. The first interview was quick and with the company CEO, and couple days later I wanted invited for a second interview. Initially, I was told the second interview was going to be a 2 hour shadow process and that I had to clear my schedule. However, it turned out to be a 45 minute lunch, so I felt there was a lack of transparency about the interview process. I wouldn't have been as bothered if they had told me that in the first place. Besides that, everyone seemed really friendly and passionate about their work.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your personality under pressure?   Answer Question

Feb 21, 2016 – President & Ceo

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback on our interview process. We advise our candidates who are selected for a second interview to allot two hours of their day in case the interview... More

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DDI Consulting in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the company and asked to come in for an interview. I had done my research into the company and decided to go for it based on all the positive feedback in comments posted on sites similar to glassdoor. " they provide room for growth and put the ball in your court.....it's hard work but it's worth it......they care about your success and will teach you the trade of business and marketing if you want it.....wish I could have stayed on..".
    I was running late for my interview due to construction and a traffic accident, phoned in 15 minutes before and told Elle I was very embarrassed and wanted to know if I could reschedule- she was very gracious and told me not to worry. When I arrived I met Rachel the receptionist, she was very kind and cute. We had a good quick discussion about her great experience working at DDI. Then I met Darryl. He was a really genuine guy who you could tell was very intelligent and successful yet, totally down to earth. I could tell this was a good opportunity pretty fast. He recommended me for a different position and said I would be getting a follow-up email this week. Another positive note, we are both Chargers fans- that's not to common around Sacramento. So far it's been a very intriguing experience. I hope to hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 2 years?   1 Answer

Junior Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DDI Consulting in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through career builder to be a "Junior Account Manager". However, when I got there, I started to notice the signs: rented office space, two people in the office, music playing in the background, empty walls, and a cute receptionist. Oh no, another multi-level marketing company. I was given a sheet to fill out with questions to "better get to know me." What's your favorite book? Who is you favorite movie protagonist? Questions that have no real professional implications, just things the interviewer could talk about if he needed to. Now, I don't want to bash the guy, because he was really courteous. He asked me how I felt about selling Vizio in retail, and I told him I was done with retail and he did not push the issue. He was much nicer than most of the multi-level marketing company managers/owners/presidents that I've come into contact with. But, that being said, it's still multi-level marketing. I imagine if I would have said that I had no problem working in retail he would have asked me back for a second interview (like the others I've interviewed with), then offered me a job with low base pay plus a small commission, while he continued to interview more soldiers to sell Vizio in retail while he makes his commission on sales that he doesn't even make. Be wary of these companies. I would have preferred if the "Junior Account Manager" position was labeled "Commissioned Retail Sales Associate" that way I would not have applied, and I would not have wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• Why would you not want to work in retail in the future?   1 Answer

Nov 28, 2014 – President & Ceo

Thank you so much for the feedback on our interviewing process.
    After reaching out to you, there seemed to be some confusion as far as what are Junior Account Manger position entails. We are NOT in... More

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DDI Consulting (Sacramento, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

If you get called in, you go to the office. HR will give you a couple of forms to fill out. You then go into the interview and they will ask you about 6-10 questions. They want to see you're serious, motivated, but also, they want to know if you can fit in with the culture. If you get called in a second time, you will be interviewed by one of the leaders that you will be working with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DDI Consulting (Sacramento, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on Craiglist, it took about 3 - 4 days to get a called in for an interview. The interview was pretty straight forward. It seemed like a really friendly and inviting place, but you could tell these people were about their work at the same time. I really, really enjoyed Elina. She is a really down to earth girl, and made me feel more comfortable, which helped alot, because I was nervous for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question: How would you describe your hopes and dreams?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DDI Consulting (Sacramento, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

You visit a little business center where they have their offices that are shared with other companies. The first round is just a standard interview where you meet with who I assume in the hiring director. The second part is "shadowing" someone. Basically, what they do is go out to random store(in my case it was Walmart) and they set up for a specific company (Comcast in this case). Here you meet with the top salesperson and they tell you what the position is about and what you can expect.

For those considering this position, it's sales. They'll try to sugarcoat it and make it seem very appealing. If you've got the drive for sales, go for it and do it. Don't expect to work the hours they have listed when you look up the company on Google, that's for the regular folks. If you're a salesperson, expect to be working 10-12 hours bothering people shopping to try and get some sales. As the guy told me, some people start at 8 or 9am and stay till 7 or 8 or sometimes even as late as the store is open to try and make their sales quota.
    Second, your pay will vary and you will either be making commission only or minimum wage, not both. They'll throw little parties to hype you up. (think primerica)

I just stayed in the interview out of professionalism, but laughed on my way home. I'd rather work a minimum wage job and have a set schedule.

One final point - the company has very high ratings. I assume these are from the head people.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words that you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question

CSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DDI Consulting (Sacramento, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

The setting and the employees of this company were so nice to me i went in for a interview with Darryl and came out with a second interview im so excited.

Interview Questions

• What were my long term goals personal and professional ?   1 Answer