DEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DEA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DEA (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty basic interview, went through my resume and asked some basic questions based on my previous experiences and what I thought my responsibilities would entail. Outlined my responsibilities for the job as well.

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DEA (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied via USAjobs and received a referral letter through email a few weeks later. Approx a week later, I received an email to schedule an interview. The interview was led by a panel of 3 representatives of the hiring DEA units. Very friendly staff and not intimidating by any means. I was asked the basic interview questions,

Interview Questions

• "What are your strengths/weaknesses?", "Why do you want to work for DEA?", "Tell us about yourself"   Answer Question

FSA Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DEA (Arlington, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Harsh and intimidating. There seems to be a tremendous tension above and beyond what I normally experience in an interview. There is generally one ex member of law enforcement and the paralegal supervisor and I came away from the interview not wanting the job at all.

Interview Questions

• FSA in general has an interview process that seems to really grill the applicants. The standard questions but in some what of a hostile manner.   Answer Question

Engineer Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DEA (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was lacking information or guidance, a bit too secretive. I was met by three different teams who reviewed by resume, asked technical questions, competency questions and also assessed other soft skill sets. They offered lunch which was with another set of employees who exchanged pleasantries, but were also very mindful of my responses; I did not really enjoy my food very much. I then was told that the interview would continue with the hiring manager. He was pleasant but just thought to get to know me. We discussed general topics and he showed be around the facility, and then asked me about my future aspirations.

Interview Questions

• Provided an example of a conflict with an employee, it was a principled disagreement, who did you resolved it?   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at DEA.

Interview

Be prepared to discuss certain competencies, i.e., flexibility. Be able to discuss how you handle certain situations. Be able to discuss how you manage your time in order to complete a certain task or assignment. List your duties and responsibilities in order to be ready to answer any questions. Do not give generic answers.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a drug-related issue affecting people around the world.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had to decide whether to accept an assignment in another state.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at DEA.

Interview

usajobs, interview, background check

Negotiation

no negotiation, flat GS pay scale

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DEA (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2013.

Interview

Long process. Applied online through USjobs. Was contacted by phone a few days later and then was called back to interview. Actual sit down interview was very short with only 5-7 total questions. The interviewer was from Virginia and I've never seen him since. The office we interviewed in was under construction and was very dirty.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the DEA?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DEA (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Friendly board of supervisors that currently worked at DEA. Each had a binder of questions they provided and asked. Each took turns explaining the position and overall work ethic of the company including values and expectations. They all were very accommodating to me and gave plenty of room for growth. They were very attentive to my experiences and treated me with much fairness and professionalism.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at DEA (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I think it was easy because they didn't know what they were looking for. The person that interviewed me wasn't that savvy relative to the position. The interview was unstructured. I almost thought I was having a conversation with an old friend. Now I see why...they were desperate to get someone on the job because the more people know about how terrible they are, the harder it is for them to get high quality employees.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DEA in July 2009.

Interview

The hiring process can be long and painful, as it is for any government agency. Make sure to answer the questions you are asked and maintain a professional demeanor. Working for DEA is serious work and they don't usually like people that are flippant or arrogant in their responses.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were very direct and focused on the mission of DEA.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't one for the government.