DSI Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at DSI Security

Guard Interview

Interview

1st Contact- District Manager
    2nd Contact- Site Supervisor
    1st Interview- District Manager
    2nd Interview- Client and Site Supervisor
    After that probably a few days and then you'll find out if your hired.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSI Security (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Briefly not hard questions. Your open availability. Depending your location the role you will be assign. they talk a bit about the owners of the company. They dont mention anything about pay raises because they dont offer any.

Interview Questions

• why want to work for the company? what your schedule looks like? are you willing to work any shift?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DSI Security (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

General skills test and interview questions about being a security officer,Safety, behavior conduction and moral. If chosen a second interview will take place and if hired a year probationary period

Interview Questions

• My protocol in a high risk situation   1 Answer

Armed Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DSI Security (Dothan, AL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was given a specific interview time. I was greeted by receptionist and immediately introduced to my interviewer. He was extremely knowledgeable on DSI activities and every job in the local area. He was well versed on my resume and very interested in my thoughts on the job, my goals, my background, why I wanted this job, and what was my availability. He discussed the difference in armed vs. unarmed guards. He spent a great deal of time discussing DSI reputation and what the company meant to the community. It was obvious he had pride in the company and wanted to share it. He made me comfortable in my surrounding at the office and gave me a full picture of the training and overall responsibilities I would have as a member of the team.

Interview Questions

• If I hired on as Part-time, would I be flexible to work many different shifts or locations on short notice.   1 Answer

Unarmed Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hazlehurst, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DSI Security (Hazlehurst, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The person doing the interview was too busy being interested in the other person.Gave me paperwork to fill out did drug test , was told hours to be worked . was giving uniforms that were way to big .

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DSI Security (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The questions were straight forward. Could you work certain shifts, weekends, and nights. Explained what the job will consist of and hired me on the spot. Uniforms were giving out the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DSI Security (Birmingham, AL) in March 2012.

Interview

enterview process was very professionel and direct.questions and ansewers were honest
    i did feel comfortable with the process and the enterviewer and also was very interested with the
    possibilities for advancement

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DSI Security (Dobson, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Saw and add from DSI, they were hiring in the area, I applied and was quickly hired. The add said 7.75 an hour, fair enough.... but here's the kicker, After hiring your, you must pay for part of your uniform, pay for your own training $125, pay for a drug test $20, pay for a company background check $30, then you must pay for your own background check for your supervisor $30, and fingerprints $15, which I had to make a special trip to the county jail to have done. Then you make minimum wage until you get a "performance review" then you can make $7.75. About the work.... they put me at an aweful smelly factory in Dobson NC, where they killed chickens and then shipped the meat. I wasn't security, I was a glorified pencil pusher, I had to keep logs of every truck that came in, I had to get company info, driver info, truck number, trailer number, seal numers, bill of lading numbers, then check inside every trailer (which was usually covered in bodily fluids from chickens). If the driver was new, you had to make him sign a hold harmless form. You had to handwrite this info in two seperate logs, then get the info again when the truck came out. There were usually 35-40 trucks per shift. Then you had to keep your daily activity report, you also had to keep in touch with the janitors and keep another log of that info, you also had to keep a visitors log and give visitors a pass, there were usually about 20 a shift, which you had to collect on there way out, you then had to check the ID's of every employee that went in, and there were hundreds a shift. Then at shift change you had to go direct traffic, one of the employees and you might get ran over! And hopefully you log in the info correctly, it's like the end of the world for these people if you make one mistake. The whole place smelled terribly of chicken fluids, you could never get the smell out of the guard post. You got no breaks, bring your own food and pray you have time to eat it. I am a full time student and I just applied for some extra cash for tuition and books. This job for minimum wage? NOT WORTH IT!!

Security Officer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DSI Security in February 2012.

Interview

There really was not that much of the interview process, just got a referal from the unemployment office and went over there and filled paperwork. The officers were professional, all I really had to do was pass a drug test. The job seemed really fun to do but the only problem was the hours. It would be near impossible to have a 2nd job with that job. I would recomend this job to anyone who only needed part time work college students etc...

Interview Questions

I did not take the job because it was a part time night job. If I would have taken it I would not have been able to squeeze another job in there.