DXP Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.2

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DXP Enterprises (Tomball, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick phone interview followed by a face to face interview
    Went through experience on phone and in it wasn't mentioned they were looking for someone with tooling experience which is evident by my resume I don't have
    In the face to face interview it was evident that they were disappointed that I did have this experience
    If that was a requirement why waste our time

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you liked and didn't like about last job   Answer Question

Lab Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DXP Enterprises (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very technical interview with question based on my familiarity with fluids. The interviewer also had questions on my comfort level of working with my hands and making routine maintenance checks on the entire system.

Director of Safety Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DXP Enterprises (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had developed a business plan and then presented it to the C-Suite and regional management team with which I would be partnered. The interview process was very laid back and conversational with a lot of give and take. The C-Suite team was not afraid to be challenged in their beliefs regarding the strength of their existing operations and the efficacy of the plan I was presenting. All in all, I felt the interview process was one of the best I've ever had the opportunity to participate in.

Interview Questions

• The C-Suite team asked me specific market questions and how I calculated the 1, 3, and 5 year projections. They were, of course, very interested in the capital investment required to make the business plan successful.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DXP Enterprises (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Was a quick interview, they asked about my knowledge and experience. I was moving from another state, they asked when I could move. Interview was in December, they wanted me too start ASAP, but didn't even finish their paperwork until March the next year. I almost took another position

Interview Questions

• What is the pitch of a sprocket?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DXP Enterprises in April 2015.

Interview

Online application followed by contact from Human Resource Dept. followed by phone interview followed by actual person-to-person interview. A thorough process, very helpful to me in this process.

Packer/Shipper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DXP Enterprises (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

the hiring process was easy and the interviewer was very nice. also they gave me a test to figure out how good I was in math. I made sure I had a resume and any certificates.

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at DXP Enterprises (Odessa, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Hello.. The interview was easy... Principally about experience and what kind of work are looking for .. And what expectations I have for my future development in the company. Also asked about mi kind of fields I work before..

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DXP Enterprises (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

My interview was pretty informal. I was actively recruited for this position, so it was really my choice whether or not to accept the job from the start. I completed one phone interview to get a sense for the role. I had to take an online strengths/weaknesses/skills assessment. I was then flown out for a day-long interview, tour of the facility, and had the opportunity to meet my future coworkers and manager.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle the transition to outside sales (had previously been a sales manager / inside sales engineer)?   1 Answer

Safety Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DXP Enterprises (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview was really brief. They asked about my background and what school I went to. Wanted to know if I had any oilfield experience. They asked when I could start.

Interview Questions

• Do you have oil field experience?   1 Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DXP Enterprises (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by Recruiter regarding the position and was scheduled for a face-to-face interview with Senior HR Coordinator. The interview went very well and I was contacted approximately one (1) week later by the Recruiter who stated that I would be moving on to a second interview with the Director; and that I needed to complete the online Brooks Assessment. Personally, I thought this was backwards; as I should have been asked to take the test prior to the inital interview. I took the test and emailed the Recruiter to let her know that it was completed. After that...I never heard back.

I sent several emails to the Recruiter and the person that I interviewed with; no immediate responses. It wasn't until about 4 (4) weeks later when I sent my last email that I received an automated email stating that I was not selected.

For me, this was highly unprofessional. One, I have never tanked any kind of behavioral assessment tests. I was not responded to in a timely manner and never given an explanation as to why I was not getting the second interview that I was told I would be having.

I will NEVER apply at this company again; and I will NEVER refer any canidates to them.