DXP Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
David R. Little

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • I gave myself a 20k raise looking somewhere else when laid off from DXP (due to oil and gas) (in 6 reviews)

• but plenty for upper management (in 8 reviews)

1. "I injoy my new job, I like the people I'm working with."

Current Employee - CRS in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - CRS in Evansville, IN

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have more benefits than I have had before and any place I have worked.

Cons

it is a long drive from home but I really don't mind.

2. "inventory specialist"

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working here 3 months and really enjoy my job and the people I work with plus my boss is awesome.

Cons

A few more dollars an hour would really help out and go along way, the work although I enjoy it is pretty challenging and I believe higher pay would be justified.

Advice to Management

I look forward to being in one of your spots one day:)

"Dxp Safety"

Current Employee - Safety Technician in Odessa, TX
    Current Employee - Safety Technician in Odessa, TX

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours if you enjoy being away at 14 hours a day 7 days a week, and if your home enjoy being called in.
    Office management has been great.

Cons

The safety side of business has great office manager and regional manager. That being said the field side of management has been poor, no days off without receiving a call. Can’t go to the doctor when your sick due to a lot of work coming in all the time. Over work there employees constientaly. New hires get training about the equipment we operate but nobody trains them on it causing them to never get crazy hours. Take a look at the fleet of vehicles you guys have they are decent trucks with terrible maintance. All in all there’s a lot of work that needs to be done at this office a.s.a.p.

Advice to Management

You guys must take a closer look at the jobs we take and understand you can not run people 16 and 17 hours a day for 6,7 days a week. Family time needs to be more important.

4. "Branch manager"

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time

Pros

Freedom to do your own work.

Cons

Dealing with corporate on finding out important information

Advice to Management

Let me manage my inventory

5. "Excellent organization that provides challenging and rewarding and career opportunities."

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Engineers at my local branch (Cincinnati) have an average tenure of 12 years with DXP, with about a third having over 20 years with the company. That really says a lot! In my personal experience, all qualified individuals who express interest are given fair consideration for open positions. Family values are also strong within DXP, starting with the CEO. Regional management/leadership is also bright, focused, supportive, and strong. They know what they're doing, and they work well as a team. My bosses are great. Seriously. They straight out great people. No joke.

Recently, people from my branch reached out to fellow DXP Texas employees to provide relief and kindness during a time of need. This is the act of DXPeople who exhibit love and understanding toward people in need, and exhibit values at the core of DXP. Things like this make me proud to work here.

Cons

DXP has had its fair share of ups and downs. That's no secret. It goes with the territory of being assertive and cutting edge in our business. DXP is a very customer focused, customer oriented, growth company. This sometimes puts DXP at odds with some of the manufacturers whose products we sell, who may not be accustomed to truly putting the customer first.

Advice to Management

Know that we love you, we appreciate you, and we know you are doing your best, day in, and day out. Keep giving us the tools and support that we need to succeed, and we will all win together.

6. "Overall, a good place to work."

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work is demanding, but overall fair. Incentive compensation gives you a chance to make bank when the company does well, benefits are reasonably good, you get to learn new things all the time, we have really good leaders and managers in the region who always teach us things and do their best to take care of people. We have good business tools to use.

Cons

Computer systems could be faster.

Advice to Management

Really appreciate the 401(k) match being reinstated. DXP seems to be recovering from some tuff times. Keep taking care of your people.

7. "No complaints. Work is work, and if I have to work, this is the place to do it."

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time

Pros

Almost all people at my branch are nice, atmosphere is fun and there is good banter and teamwork. Not a sweatshop, no one stares you down with a whip and chain making sure you are on task every moment. They trust us to do our jobs, and give us the freedom to do it and still have a good time in the process. Pay is fair. Of course I would always like more. The local leaders are real people, and they communicate with us a lot. We have Q and A sessions, and they answer questions until we don't have anymore. You may not always like the answers, but at least you get them. Overall we get treated good.

Cons

Hey, it's a job. You're not always going to like everything and everyone all of the time. So, sometimes I get miffed like anybody else. I goes with the territory working any place. DXP is a good place to work, but it's not Utopia. No place is.

Advice to Management

I would tell our management to keep up the good work, and have faith in your people. We are on your side, even though sometimes we like to complain. It's human nature.

8. "DXP does it best!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

DXP is a big pump distributor, but manages to maintain some of the good feel of a smaller family run pump house. We just got our 401(k) match back! Good product lines. Easy location to get to. Our local managers are the best in the business. They treat us with respect Our CEO is a down to earth guy. You can get ahead if that's what you want to do. Or you can stay in the job you're in and keep it for a long time if that's what you want to do. Almost everybody has a really good attitude. If you want to move to a new location, you can do that with DXP. They have locations all over the place. Our local leaders just installed a very nice new picnic area in back of our offices to enjoy on nice days.

Cons

Sometimes it's cold in the office (I get cold easily). We could use new carpeting. I would like to go outside with some of the sales people now and then to meet with customers and see what they do.

Advice to Management

Don't listen to bad comments left by a former employee with an ax to grind. Focus your efforts on the "A" players that are here.

9. "Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unlimited resources to learn and develop professionally
    Regional management accessible, fair and experienced in the industry
    Competitive pay structure

Cons

Growth oriented structure can be very demanding if not properly managed personally

10. "DXP not best!"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time

Pros

Local managers try to be best in business but not. 401(k) is back but not enough. Family run business not good a lot of times

Cons

Picnic area money should be spent on carpet in office instead of personal manager offices. To cold in the office! Need more lunchs

Advice to Management

"A" players here can be the "F" team. Be open to all opinions. Need more onsite sales training. More 401(k) option.