Dade Correctional Institution Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dade Correctional Institution

Administrative Officer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dade Correctional Institution (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

3 member panel. 5 job related questions. plus 30 minute exercise to demonstrate my knowledge of Excel. They made me sort and filter some designated workbooks. The exercise consisted of an instructional sheet that contained five (5) workbooks. The instructions asked you to perform a different task on each of the five workbooks. The exercise tested my knowledge of Excel and my ability to follow specific instructions. The skills test was later scored by the same 3 member panel that interviewed me. They each had to assign your results a number from 1 to 5, 5 being the best possible score. This score was not added to the interview score, but used separately as an additional screening tool.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most complicated project you were involved in using Excel. What were the complexities of the workbook and what was your specific involvement?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Government job with set parameters.

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florida City, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dade Correctional Institution (Florida City, FL) in June 2009.

Interview

i went in picked up a thick in depth packet whicj required everything from a thorough background check consisting of drug testing, employment history to even going around and asking myneighbors about my character, the interview process tooks weeks while the background was conducted, physical was done say yes to everything from the hours to would you shoot someone if you had to. wants to ofer was made it was just sign on th eline and go to orientation, but you stillhad to go throughthe academy which if you passed then you could call yourself a correctional officer.

Interview Questions

• what does intergity mean to you or how wpuld you describe it.   Answer Question
    • give an example when you had to initiative and go above yur call of duty.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was none