Dailymotion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.5

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dailymotion (New York, NY).

Interview

A friend referred me.
    The interview process took ~6 weeks.

Which included several interviews with a recruiter, a developer and two directors.

The one technical interview was very weird - it was followed by another interview with a director.
    After the last interview I haven't heard from them for two weeks - and after following up I was told "right now the technologies you are working with are the not the ones we will be using in our project, thus we will not be continuing with the interview process".
    Which is weird, because my resume and experience was clear from the beginning and was discussed in each and every interview.

So basically, they just wasted my time.

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dailymotion (New York, NY).

Interview

They had me sit for six interviews with eleven people and gave me an assignment, making it seem as if an offer was imminent, then ignored my recruiter several weeks while they waited for someone else to accept an offer. They could have just let me know it was down to me and another candidate in order to properly set expectations. They even asked me to come in short notice to speak to the team I'd be managing and then when I got there, the team had no idea why I was there. So that was very awkward and unprofessional. I had to explain to them why I was there and kind of made me look like a fool considering I had no idea there was another candidate they were still considering. Obviously I made it to the end, so a smart company would have kept things friendly so that if something else came along, they already knew me. I think the way they conducted the process, everything last minute as well and constantly adding on more requests, was very unprofessional and makes me believe I dodged a bullet. I also think the style of interview by large committee shows a lack of decisiveness by the hiring manager.

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dailymotion (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

a short phone screen followed by 2 hours onsite. was pretty standard if not even a little too simple. they could have done more to make me want to join.
    met with 2 hr folks and a few rounds with different member of the team. got a reply back very quickly but i didnt really feel like i would fit in there.

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dailymotion (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I had 2 rounds of interviews. First one was a phone interview lasted about 30 mins. Asked questions regrading my previous project and some technical questions on Java.Then I got called for a face to face. For the interview onsite they gave me a link and asked to build an android app to get data and display it.

Interview Questions

• What is a private constructor? Where would it be used?
      Explain how does the garbage collector work in Java.
      Answer Question

User Experience Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dailymotion (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job through CyberCoders. The recruiter contacted me shortly after to set up an interview with someone on their HR team, Justin. He was great and very accommodating to my schedule. After we spoke he forwarded my application and the supporting materials I had additionally sent him to the Product Manager and the Creative Director who then scheduled a Skype interview with me for the following week. Vincent and Amandine were very nice and we had a great conversation. Not just only did they want to learn about my skills, but they were also very interested in my personality and also painted a great picture of the job and the company. Afterwards I was informed by Justin that I was selected for a take-home design exercise: a re-design of the Dailymotion channel page. I completed the designs by the given deadline and the Cybercoders recruiter informed me that they would be making their decision by the end of the following week. When I followed up with him after the weekend he said that I was one of the top two contestants and that I would hear something soon. I think the long weekend of Labor Day came a little in the mix so I didn't hear back until Wednesday the next week and was informed that, even though they liked me a lot they were going to go with the other contestant. While this is disappointing, I had a positive experience overall and am glad to have come this far in the process.

Junior Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dailymotion (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process is divided into 3 steps: 2 phone interviews and 1 on-site interview.
    1st phone interview with talent acquisition manager where they tell you information about the company and ask you to several questions: 1. Tell me about yourself? 2. Why do you want to work for Dailymotion? 3. Question about learning (personal development) and interests.
    If hiring manager likes what you said, you will be forwarded to the second phone interview with lead android developer. In my case both interviews were at the same day, which was not really comfortable for me (maybe ok with you).
    2nd phone interview is a technical phone interview! (however I was told that it would be just a regular conversation without technical questions)
    On the second phone interview questions were about my project and I described it in many details, and while I was telling information about my project they asked some questions about it.
    After that interviewer asked my three or four questions about Java: can we have a private constructor and why do we want to do that? Singleton design pattern? Question about garbage collection? What the difference between "finally" and "finalize"? Name two sorting algorithms?
    I failed on this step, because I was preparing for android questions, and didn't brush memories about garbage collection and singleton design pattern.
    After that they let you ask questions, and I found out that on the next round they ask you to come on-site, and there it would be a 3 hour interview, where they will ask technical questions and you will need to write an android app.

Overall it was a neutral experience for me, can't say that it was good or bad, so good luck on the interview :)

Interview Questions

• Can we have a private constructor in Java and why do we want to do that?   1 Answer
    • Singleton design pattern?   1 Answer
    • Question about garbage collection   Answer Question
    • What the difference between "finally" and "finalize"?   1 Answer
    • Name two sorting algorithms   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dailymotion.

Interview

Very friendly with a number of technical questions followed by business questions. The technical questions were varied from algorithms to front-end questions. Business-wise the company wanted to know if we understand the business needs and have ideas on how to improve things.

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dailymotion (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Got call from recruiter and process was end up in a week. One phone screening and then Onsite interview. Onsite interview has two parts
    1. Your understanding towards computer architecture.
    2. Coding test of 45 min. You will be given with a URL and that URL will return JSON data. You need to parse that data and then display on whatever view controller you want to use.

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dailymotion (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with 3 people on the Dailymotion team, a person from HR, a developer, and a tech lead. The interview was positive overall. The people seem nice and friendly. They are mostly French. The HR person asked the usual, tell us about yourself type questions. The technical interview was a 1st round so it was more of screener type questions like, what is a hastable, what is less, what is group by, etc.

Design Intern Interview

Interview

They were all very nice and friendly. However one person from HR department was kind of aggressive and questions were very vague because she had 0 knowledge about graphic design. Art director and assistant were super super nice though. I have no idea why HR department person was necessary for the interview.

Interview Questions

got better offer from other company