Dal-Tile Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dal-Tile (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through a third party which redirected me to a job fair. From there I applied for an interview and went through with that. I received a job offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What do you value the most in an employee?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dal-Tile.

Interview

Interviewed with HR Manager, then interviewed with the individual that I was taking their position. Finally, I had a phone interview with plant manager in which he made the decision to hire me.

Interview Questions

• It was more of personal questions, about my family and myself.   1 Answer

.NET Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dal-Tile (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

First was about a half hour phone screen, then in-person interview. It lasted almost five hours, and was about 45 minutes talking to 6 different people separately. Afterwards, they make a hiring decision based on a UNANIMOUS decision. I thought it was excessively long and unfair, because although 5 of the people wanted to hire me, one person thought I was unqualified. They could have determined that over the phone. The person who thought I was unqualified did not really do a good job of interviewing me, and could have done a much better job at it.

Interview Questions

• Here is part of the original job description.

6+ years related work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement. Experience must include…
      Experience with .NET, Web and Windows development
      Custom development experience
      C#, Visual Studio 2010 or 2013
      ADO.NET, ASP.NET - MVC3 or 4
      JavaScript
      Entity Framework
      WCF 4.0, WCF Rest; Web API & Web Services
      Databases: SQL Server 2008/2012 and MS Access
      Experience with any of the following would be a big plus, as this role will likely expand to include them:
      Heiler
      Eclipse RCP
      Hybris (Java, Spring, Java EE; HTML5, Sentinet; "Hybris controller" experience)
      B2B (specifically B2B signups)   1 Answer
    • How do you like working with other people?   1 Answer
    • Turkey or chicken?   1 Answer

Interior Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dal-Tile (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great! Very nice people, made me feel comfortable and welcome. The first part of the interview was a one on one with the showroom manager, then she introduced me to the other people in the office. After that she gave me a short design skill type of test. Overall I felt the interview went well, though I was not selected for the position.

Showroom Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dal-Tile (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked pertinent questions and engaged in a conversation relevant to the position, my background, experience and knowledge about the product. I had the opportunity to offer my thoughts as well as ask any questions. I was allowed to elaborate on my answers to the questions and was not rushed. It was comfortable, relaxed and professional. She had more interviews to conduct after mine, so I checked back in a week to inquire about the status of the position. A few days later I received a pleasant response to my inquiry letting me know that they had moved forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• One thing I was asked, was what could I do for the company and what did I feel the company could do for me.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dal-Tile (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university website. The interview was easy and simple. They reviewed over your resume, asked only one technical question, then allowed you to ask questions. The interview was with one engineer and one HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stress vs. strain graph for ductile metals and typical polymers   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dal-Tile (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Over the phone. Gentleman was very polite and open about the job. No nonsense. Once he found out that salary requirement was not a match, he said he will not waste anyone's time and ended the interview very politely.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dal-Tile (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very home like and friendly. It didn't feel like an interview it felt like old friends catching up which I loved. After the second interview, they made it feel like I had the job yet they never contacted me again. I would prefer a more formal way of letting people know they didn't receive the position. A 'regret to inform you' email perhaps. Instead my followup emails and phone calls were ignored.

Forklift Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dal-Tile (Sunnyvale, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Company used a lot of staffing agencies. The interview process was okay, but no real interaction with company HR. Easy questions and not very pressing. If you have the experience on forklift, reach, or O.P., you should no problem.

Interview Questions

• How much forklift experience do you have?   1 Answer

Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dal-Tile (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Individual and panel interview. Easy questions. Everyone seemed very enamored with telling me how long they had worked there, not in a here's who I am introduction way but like some kind of ranking system. Other than that it was a pretty standard interview with behavioral questions, no technical questions of any kind other than "do you know Access?".