Dalhousie University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dalhousie University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dalhousie University.

Interview

Applying on line and get admitted. Selected by the department and get an offer. You need a personal statement and a resume about your experiences of research to prove your research background.

Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dalhousie University (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

One on One interview with the professor who in charge of hiring for his contract program;
    All the questions are based on the requirements form the job posting; eg: experience with field work or equipment skills needed to complete the job
    Took about 15 mins;

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the job, do you know what kind of job this gonna be?   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dalhousie University (Halifax, NS (Canada)).

Interview

The interview process started well. However, as the process moved forward, the Committee was rather cold, overly formal for the position being applied for, and acted slightly haughty. I found the process was like a bad rip-off of something from The Apprentince, and no one interviewing me really understood the questions they were asking me. They also essentially asked me the same question in 5 different ways. Overall the Committee seemed disinterested, unpersonable, and amateur.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dalhousie University (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Online application and selection based on experience, school sent an email searching for TA's with in my program and students were invited to apply. Students were asked to submit their resumes and preference and then were selected based on availability.

Interview Questions

• What my area of interests were.   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Interview

They hire students to work on campus in Internetworking department purely based on the grade of the student. In study break interested student ave to apply for the position and if it is available and you are best suited according to grades than other students who as applied you will be contacted by program manager.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dalhousie University (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Formal interivew process as it was for an intern position. This largely depends on the department within the instituion. Some departments tends to have a more formalized process while others do not. Overall, was a great experience. Involved panel discussions.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dalhousie University (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for the positions from an email that was circulated to all students in the school of planning. I was emailed by the professor saying that they were happy I had applied because they knew I had the ability to do the job based on course work. I met a few days later and had a short conversational interview about my GIS experience and they told me I was hired immediately.

Interview Questions

• What is your research and Geographic Information Systems experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation other than talking about flexibility in the hours allowing me to work variable hours per week.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dalhousie University (Halifax, NS (Canada)).

Interview

The hiring process was pretty informal. The team lead was looking for students to hire for a particular job, and did a fair amount of networking to figure out who would be best. He was committed to finding someone right for the position rather than filling headcount. We met over coffee, and talked about what needed to be done, and how my skills and experience would play into that. We also talked about whether and when I'd be available, and agreed to talk again closer to that time. It was clear that I was a good fit for the role and vice versa, so it was a natural choice.

Interview Questions

• Whether I had experience with specific technologies or products that might be important in the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was pretty clear that the offer wasn't negotiable because of the way it was funded/structured. Cash compensation was low, but it was a fun gig, and offered an opportunity for networking.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dalhousie University (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

No Interview needed, just apply through email and note the courses that you wish to TA for. You need to get a relatively high GPA to apply to be a TA.

Undergraduate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dalhousie University (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

In the office of the potential advisor, I was asked a few preliminary questions about my coursework, involving abstract algebra, analysis, and physics.

I was then casually asked about my background in quantum computation. Essentially, how long I had been studying the subject for, as well as a few basic questions with my familiarity with common terms and figures.

After confirming that my academic record was sufficiently sound, we concluded the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the output of the following quantum circuit? (a fairly simple quantum circuit was drawn)   Answer Question