Databricks Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 311 of over 311 interviews

3.3
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Databricks (Paris) in Dec 2020

Interview

Great experience, well defined steps. HR contact was there to explain me the next steps. The people I met during the process increased my motivation to join. Very humble yet highly skilled people in their domain. The interview process was quite long; HR screening, hiring manager interview, take home assignment on DB platform (scala + python mix), 2 technical interviews, then 4 more culture fit interviews with people from different teams. In parallel I had another offer but the HR rep tried his best to accelerate the process so I can have an offer in time.

Interview Questions
  • Spark deep dive, past project experiences
    Answer Question

Databricks

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Databricks

Interview

Applied for SDE intern 2022 summer. Finished OA on Sept 15 on CodeSignal (800+), rejected 7 days later claiming my resume doesn't seem to fit the position. Didn't get phone interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Databricks

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Databricks

Interview

Only get a chance to OA, but OA is difficult and proctored, program time constraints are strict. If you are not confident at your programming skills, do more leetcode questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Databricks (San Jose, CA) in Sep 2021

Interview

I applied online. Several days later got OA through CodeSignal, which has some hard questions. Could only finish 2/4 in 70 min. You don't get score if you write most codes but the returned results are not right. It is unfair if someone gets very difficult questions while others do not.

Interview Questions
  • restore Numbers On Circle Input: [(3,4),(5,3),(2,4),(3,5),(3,2)] Output: [5,3,4,2,3]
2 people found this interview helpful

Databricks

Application

I interviewed at Databricks

Interview

First coding interview, It was medium, There were 4 questions in test, total of 1200 marks and after certified is provided based on the submission. You need to pass the test cases to pass the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Databricks

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Databricks

Interview

Had the first screening call with a recruiter. He was late to the call and I had to follow up with him to remind him that we had an interview scheduled. Halfway through the call he told me he was in the middle of an "important meeting" and trying to listen to both conversations at the same time. Definitely felt like a slap in the face and felt like my time wasn't being respected. Why would you schedule an interview if you weren't actually available at that time? Also not sure how he was able to properly assess my fit for the role if he wasn't even paying attention to what I was saying throughout the conversation. Overall disappointed with this interview experience, especially at such a big company like Databricks that takes a lot of pride in their company culture.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Databricks (Washington, DC) in Sep 2021

Interview

This was for a SA role in the Federal Civilian space. I was quickly connected to the hiring manager virtually. Not a tech screen. He wanted to mainly know what Qs I had. He wanted to know if I was more interested in a "hands-on" keyboard role or "guide" role. I mentioned that I prefer more "hands-on" roles but I am open to the "guide" role as it would still be very focused on data solutions. He suggested I talk to the RSA managers and if that doesn't work out we can continue where we left. I thought that was okay, so we ended it at that. After that, I never heard back on my application (positive or negative). One odd thing was the manager asked about my comfort level for working late hours/weekends. I have never been asked that question but I answered in the affirmative ("as needed") as it happens from time to time. In any case, I asked them to withdraw my application as I got a great offer from Snowflake which was also in the works at the time. My gut feeling tells me the manager was making judgements based on his biases (like age or other having kids) that were not facts or ever having worked with me. The manager appeared to be much younger than me on the video call. That said, Databricks is a great company at least their product and what I see on GD reviews, and this may be one off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Databricks (Seattle, WA) in Sep 2021

Interview

Front end system design for first round, but it is more like front end coding. Nothing to do with actually designing front end to back end interaction, front end security etc. Raw js/ts to manipulate the state and DOM.

Interview Questions
  • A simple UI question with an async api call to update the component. Need to do it in pure js/ts and raw state.

Databricks

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Databricks in Sep 2021

Interview

I applied through their web page and they sent me an email with a Codesignal invitation, it was a 70-minute assessment with 4 questions. I completed every question and got a high score but some weeks later they sent me a rejection email, a bit confused about that but well.

Interview Questions
  • Codesignal easy and medium questions, mostly implementation problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Databricks (Los Angeles, CA) in Sep 2021

Interview

From an email i received, "The first step of our interview process is a 70 minute coding exercise. You will receive a separate email from CodeSignal, which will invite you to share your test results....We will follow up after your send your test results, the next steps will be a conversation with someone on the Databricks Recruiting team, during which we'll talk through the rest of the interview process."

Interview Questions
  • Requested the test result for General Coding Assessment on CodeSignal

Databricks

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Databricks in Sep 2021

Interview

Codesignal Online assessment: 70 min length for 4 coding questions and you have 14 days to complete. I completed 2.5 questions out of 4 questions and i think that is the reason I got rejected.

Interview Questions
  • • dice total score • sum of strings • labyrinthescape2 • number jump 2
Viewing 1 - 10 of 311 Interviews