KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Databricks Reviews

Updated Jan 12, 2022

Found 413 of over 434 reviews

4.7
Pros
  • "Just love being here at Databricks(in 66 reviews)

• "Great culture with very good Exec(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The work/life balance is not quite there yet since this company is growing so quick(in 31 reviews)

• "Growing pains can be a challenge(in 29 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Databricks

Join the conversation on

Consulting Exit Opportunities

3d

works at

IBM

Got offer as Customer Success Engineer at Databricks that will provide 10k more than current salary. Currently a Managing Consultant at IBM with about 5 YOE+ and wondering if it'd be a wise move to transition. If so, what are some exit opportunities I could aim for at FAANG? If I am aiming for FAANG in the a few years, should I stick it out at IBM or transition into Databricks? Any help would be greatly appreciated..! 🥺

6 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Databricks and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

The best place I've worked in my 27 years of technology!

Feb 10, 2021 - Solutions Architect in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is run by, operated by, and mostly staffed by visionaries and doers. The CEO can even write code and is super comfortable showing executives how easy it is to use the product. Then openness/transparency within the organization is top notch - something I can only hope sticks around as we continue our growth. We've been able to keep the bar high and hire great people who turn out to be great team members, all resulting in a great and happy place to work.

Cons

With rapid growth comes growing pains - sometimes you have to ask around for an answer to something that's super new.

14 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

High Growth Company that Values Employees

Jan 12, 2022 - Solutions Architect in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The excitement and energy within Databricks is palpable. Management prioritizes work/life balance by giving one extra day off per quarter.

Cons

I have heard that some people are hesitant to take PTO as they feel they have to much more to accomplish.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best of both worlds

Jan 7, 2022 - Senior Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Amazing culture *Incredibly useful technology which works and delivers big ROI * Company does the right thing and manages with an eye on the long-term health of both employees and the business * Talent is top-notch

Cons

Not a con, but there is lots of work to execute as company has audacious goals.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work, still tons of growth ahead

Dec 25, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Interesting technical problems - Co-workers are very smart and very collaborative. Consistent high quality, unlike high variance at FAANG. - Engineering org is still small enough that you can have a lot of impact regardless of your level - Focus on building great products, cut through BS, company doesn't waste time on distractions - Well positioned for lots of future growth

Cons

- Technical debt from organic growth over many years, but this is also an opportunity and company is prioritizing fixing it - Internal tools could be better, but this is also an opportunity (if you work on a team that works on internal tools) and company is working on fixing it - WLB is not ideal, but also not as bad as some people say. Seems to be more a function of the kind of people Databricks hires, than something imposed by management.

5. 5.0

Great Company - a lot to work on

Dec 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot to work on and people are smart and discipline here.

Cons

So far so good, just joined.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Rocketship

Dec 13, 2021 - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Incredible rate of product innovation - continues to deliver more value to customers - Increased investment in operational rigor as we prepare to scale even faster - Transparent leadership culture - There's a high bar on recruiting, it's incredibly hard to find a Brickster that is not competent and dedicated to their job - Our solution is applicable to many different industries which creates compelling customer proof points no matter who you're selling to - Scheduled company days off that help employees to recharge - Tremendous career opportunities, we are growing so fast that if you display hard work and dedication, you will get opportunities to move up or transition to a different role if you so choose There are many, many people that have been at Databricks for three, four, five-plus years. This shows you that this is a company you can build your career at.

Cons

- You will be asked to do a lot. The pace is very fast here. If you're not ready to bring it every week, you will fall behind

7. 5.0

Fantastic company

Dec 13, 2021 - Senior Manager Product Management in Redmond, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

When you run through multiple loops, searching for that next best thing, it's not only them interviewing you, it's also you interviewing them. Databricks was one of the five in my panel and was the only one w/zero red flags. I was impressed by pretty much the entire process and especially by the level of talent. Greatness attracts greatness, so if you are looking for that set of people and challenges to solve, come interview here and make up your own mind.

Cons

If you are coming from a mature company, you'll have to spend some time figuring out how their IT systems piece together. It's not bad, but it's also not (yet) turn key.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

A great place to work

Dec 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is quite transparent and the talent here is impressive.

Cons

As the company is getting big and gaining customers, we are internally introducing a bunch of processes which can get overwhelming sometimes.

9. 5.0

Incredible Experience

Dec 13, 2021 - Instructional Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- I feel like I am surrounded by the "best of the best" talent on my team - My onboarding experience was really strong compared to other companies I've been at; I had a custom agenda, and I understood what I needed to do in order to "ramp up" to my real work - I have a clear understanding of my role and how I contribute to the overall success of the company - The perks and benefits are PHENOMENAL; frankly, if for no other reason than this, I will stay loyal to this company

Cons

- None so far - everything is wonderful!

10. 5.0

Company on a mission

Dec 13, 2021 - Staff Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a new employee I felt like the company is on a mission and everyone is supper energized.

Cons

Didn’t get to meet lots of people in person.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 413 Reviews

Databricks Reviews FAQs

94% of Databricks employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Databricks 4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Databricks to be benefits, career development, senior leadership and the cons to be workplace, work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with Databricks Job Seekers