David & Goliath Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.6

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at David & Goliath (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

This was a lengthier process than it should have been. The recruiter was unorganized and kept confusing the position I was interviewing for. It was apparent that looks were more important than substance as soon as I walked through their office door and saw the employees. I could tell it was very cliquey. In terms of the interview process itself, it was the usual one on ones with key people in the team. I'm pretty sure that I asked more questions than they were probably accustomed to and seemed put off when I asked about relationship between account management and creative teams. I got the sense that creative isn't questioned at all. I didn't hear back till a month after and the position referenced in the "rejection" email was still wrong! Dodged a bullet with this one.

Management Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at David & Goliath (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Interview process was pretty simple but very long. Initial interview was a phone interview and then went in to meet with a few people Ended up meeting with everyone including the company president in one day! All day interview.

Where I really have my qualms with D&G is how they managed the post interview experience. They called to offer me the job. The package they were offering included less vacation days than my current employer. I was negotiating for a equivalent package because I use the vacation days to visit my sick father in another state and they nearly lost it. HR then told me that the team on that account does not take vacation and that this was a huge issues and I'd need to have a conference call with my prospective boss. HR also admitted that just recently they couldn't extend an offer to someone that had a sick relative/similar situation.

The next day, I spoke to my prospective boss and the director on the account and they basically gave me examples of the type of employee they were looking for and admitted that they OFTEN work until 6am and then drive two hours to go directly to the client's office to present the work they just completed. She also called out that she knew I exercise regularly as it was part of casual conversation during the interview and that she couldn't guarantee that I'd have the time for that. Talk about great work life balance! Then the way they ended the call, they said they would sleep on it and so should I and that they would reach back out with a final decision. After that the only time I heard back from them was when I got an auto populated email from their junior HR staff member indicating that they had reviewed my resume but I wasn't a good fit at the moment. What a joke. So glad I got spared. A definite blessing in disguise.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at David & Goliath.

Interview

Amateur, extremely quick, seemingly unreliable, not good representation of company.
    The HR rep didn't ask viable questions that pertained to the open position. The way the process was conducted was by far the worst experience I've ever encountered. I can certainly understand if this were a "new HR rep" situation, however, this isn't the case. Also noted, one huge indicator of high turner-over is the overwhelming amount of job offerings they have. It's alarming how many positions flood my emails on a regular basis. In the end, It was the best decision to walk away from a company that is glued together by inconsistent employees who find it hard to bare enough dedication to stick around.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at David & Goliath (El Segundo, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Long and chaotic. Recruiter I started working with moved on half way thru the process so I ended up dealing with various assistants to move things along who were very nice, just strange no one senior stepped in to fill a senior role. Some folks unavailable the day of, when I am already there, thought that was disrespectful of my time and effort, that hiring for this role must not be a priority. Overall impression: boys club. D&G lives the ad land stereotype of older white men running in circles, resistant to change.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to know? Why did you get into advertising?   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at David & Goliath (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, then internal interviews with potential manager and colleagues. HR didn't seem very well versed in the role and couldn't answer simple questions about the job, even what was noted in the job posting. So phone interview was short and awkward. Office interviews were too, since manager seemed preoccupied and possible co-workers seemed out of place in the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short. No negotiating allowed.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at David & Goliath.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview which took about 20 minutes, the whole thing was bizarre. The person who interview me was some low level employee and seemed to be focused on where I live which has nothing to do with my skills and experience.
    I was told nothing about the job, I guess they were not impressed with my zip code.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at David & Goliath (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Short and sweet. They know who they are looking for and who they're not. Warm and friendly as well as laid back and professional. Just be yourself and you will be fine. They know what they want. They are looking for hard workers who are good to hang with and get their stuff done.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at David & Goliath (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty typical interview - talked to everyone on the account I was interviewing for, from the coordinator to the director. Everyone was easy to talk to, more friendly conversations with the junior team members and more what I knew about D&G and the account I was interviewing for with the Director. They let me know about two weeks after the interview that they went with someone that had more experience than me. Still keep in contact with the Director to this date.

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at David & Goliath (El Segundo, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Sent in my resume looking for entry level job opportunities. Interviewed with 3 or 4 different people I would be working directly with. Questions were straight forward and pretty typical. Have a list of some of your favorite and least favorite commercials, and a little description about what made them good or bad. Kia is their main client, so I would do your research on them as well unless you are headed to one of their new offices focusing on internation companies. Left and was told that I would be contacted later that week on if I had got the job or not. Never heard back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at David & Goliath in August 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview, I was give information on the company and what type of services they offer. I was asked basic interview questions. I didn't have time to research their company and to answer questions about the products they offer in detail. I would suggest researching their services so you can answer the interview question what do you know about our company. The employees seemed very professional and nice.