Davidson College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Davidson College Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.8

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Davidson College in August 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview for a job I was SO excited for. The interview was the most formal phone interview I've ever had, and the most formal interview I've had in an educational institution in general.

The interviewer was late to the call, then rushed me through at the end because she had another call immediately following. Big pet peave when people think their time is worth more than mine.

I thought I did well, and the interviewer said they would be in touch the following Monday with next steps for in-person interviews. That was about a month and a half ago. I sent a thank-you note immediately after the interview, then I followed up the following week since I never heard back as promised. Still nothing. I check my status online often and it still says "in progress".

Very disappointing. But luckily I got a great job in the meantime and possibly dodged a bullet here!

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Davidson College.

Interview

There was no interview. Basically you e-mail that you want a job and they give it to you. You have to sit through a one hour training session to learn how to do your job.

Student Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Davidson College (Davidson, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

Fairly easy. Just had to go in and give a brief background of myself, explain how I had heard about the job, explain what my technical background was, give a few details about myself. They were just screening me and making sure I would be able to talk to people that came in and that I could work well with other people.

Interview Questions

• Name a commonly used device in your home, and explain step by step the process you would use to fix it if it suddenly stopped working.   Answer Question

Vice President of Strategic Affairs Interview

Interview

A complete waste of time to apply for positions ast Davidson. After letting people spend hours on their application process, they do this, " Due to internal reorganization we have decided not to fill the position at this time. We will instead work with a consultant to further refine our understanding of our needs in this area."
    I think this is the biggest insult to everyone who applied for the position. Davidson must think our time is worth nothing.

Interview Questions

• In this economy can we get much meaner to job applicants?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Davidson College (Davidson, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Relaxed environment, but it can be intimidating as they sit you in front of everybody else who works in the building. The interview questions were meant to understand my personality and to give other employees the chance to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Q: Who's your favorite superhero?   1 Answer

Director In Student Life Division Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Davidson College (Davidson, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

Online application, resume and cover letter to apply. If your online applicTion does not show that you meet minimum qualifications the hiring manager will never see your resume.
    Phone Screen
    Phone panel interview
    1-2 day on campus interview with key stakeholders including hiring manager, departmental colleagues, Deans and Directors, Dean of Students, students and possibly others. Depending on the roll you may be asked to do a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that things did not work out as you planned. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Student Computing Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Davidson College (Davidson, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was made through e-mail, approximately a week and a half later I had a two hour telephone conversation. A week or so later I was invited to campus and went a few weeks later. I stayed on-campus and had a day and a half interview. Lots of time between interviews and had lunch with workers.

Interview Questions

• How do you see online classes effecting college recruitment and attendance and the value of a liberal college education.   Answer Question