Davis Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Davis Companies Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Davis Companies

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Davis Companies (Marlborough, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

I found my interview process to be very professional and informative. From my initial phone screen, right up to my final interview, I was pleasantly surprised. I was first sought out by one of the companies internal recruiters, and was asked some basic screening questions via telephone. She was both pleasant and easy to talk to, but extremely professional. Immediately following, I received a very informative follow up email with all of her contact information, along with the conformation date and time of my on-site interview, directions to the location, a short P.I. test, and even the Linked In profiles of the people I would be meeting with. I found that to be very helpful, as I was better able to prepare myself for my interview.
    The office was very easy to find and there was plenty of parking. I was immediately greeted by the receptionist, and waited only about 5 minutes for my interview. I interviewed with 3 different recruiters of all management levels throughout this first process. All of whom had a great mix of both professional based and personality based questions. They allowed me plenty of time to ask my own set of question which were answered very clearly and honestly. I knew from just the first round of my interview that I wanted to be a part of the DAVIS team.
    I was contacted the next day asking to come back in for a 2nd interview, and although I had a very busy schedule, they were able to work with my time frame which I appreciated. I was sent another conformation email similar to the first one, also containing the proper information and Linked In profiles of who I would be meeting. Again, my wait time at the office was very minimal, and for this interview I met with the Chief Operations Officer. Although interviewing with a higher level executive was a bit intimidating, the process was very professional and informative. I was offered an opportunity to be a part of the company shortly after my final interview, and I happily accepted.
    Prior to accepting this job, I had both applied to and been on multiple interviews, and this one BY FAR was the most professional of them all. I highly recommend the DAVIS Companies!

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Companies.

Interview

Interview process took a relatively long time. Phone call screen and interview with 2 Training and Development team members, then two rounds of interviews with a total of 5 employees from three different recruiting teams. Intelligent interviewers with a clear knowledge of what type of candidate they are looking for. Quick responses to questions regarding the day-to-day tasks, career paths, and benefits of working for Davis. 6 out of the 7 employees had been working there 4+ years, and had very positive feedback about working for the company.

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Davis Companies (Marlborough, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with the lead HR rep and we more or less talked for about an hour. Then she invited me back for a second interview in which I met with two of the managers.

Interview Questions

• Do you value teamwork or independence?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Davis Companies (Marlborough, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people, including the president of the company and was also asked to take a PI test. The interviews were great and the president took a great deal out time out of his busy day to talk to me and answer all of my questions. I got a great impression from each person who interviewed me, which reinforced my decision to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• What makes you enjoy recruiting?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Davis Companies.

Interview

My interview process started with a phone screen with HR and from there I had two in-person interviews. I had feedback within 24-48 hours of each interview. I was not a good fit for the role I originally interviewed for. Davis informed me about another position within the company that would be a better fit. Because I had taken time off of work to interview I did not want to ask for more time off from the company I was at. Davis was extremely flexible and someone from the team met me for coffee on my lunch break.

Interview Questions

• previous work experience and how it would relate to the new position   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Davis Companies.

Interview

Was scheduled for an interview with 4 people. When I arrived was told that 3 of the 4 people were in a meeting and would be unable to meet with me. What?? So unprofessional. Met with one person for 20 minutes and was told she would call later in the day to reschedule. No call.

Interview Questions

• Do you like dogs? Apparently employees are allowed to bring their dogs to work.   Answer Question

Davis Companies Response

Jan 5, 2015 – Recruiting Supervisor

Thank you for taking the time to review our interview process – we very much appreciate your feedback. In this instance, a scheduling problem arose at the last minute and we apologize that you were... More

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Davis Companies (Marlborough, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

2 rounds, 3 hours each. Long but really enhanced my interview skills. I spoke with almost everyone in the office, even if my position had no correlation. Everyone was nice but seemed to ask the same question. I found myself repeating a lot of what I had just said.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging thing that's happened to you and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question