Decor Aid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Decor Aid

2.1

Senior Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Decor Aid (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was split up in 2 rounds. I met with the owners and the Head of the Design team during the first interview day. The CEO's talked to me more about the broader outlook of the firm and the goal of it. The Head designer spend time with me on my portfolio and my project experience. I was invited back 2 weeks later. In the second round I spent more time with the owners and met more designers of the team. This interview round seemed to be more focused if I fit well into the team.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a difficult client situation in the past and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Junior Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Decor Aid (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I was brought in by the two founders and asked pretty basic questions about why I wanted to get out of high end interiors. Most of the time was spent by them talking about how great the projects were, and basically bragging about the caliber of projects they received - most of which is not true. They attempted to get me to sign a very stringent non compete that basically stated they owned my work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Decor Aid (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Brought in by the two co-owners for a very brief interview in their private office. They did most of the talking and did not allow me express key points I wanted to get across. I asked specific questions that they did not answer clearly. They did not care to see my portfolio in depth and everything wrapped up very quickly. The majority of the conversation was about how the traditional model of interior design firms would not be around for much longer and they were creating something ground breaking.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to take on a project tomorrow?   1 Answer

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Decor Aid (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process took 3 weeks. First I had phone interview and then I was invited to fly to New York to meet the founders. After that I met with the team. Overall very pleasant experience. New York office is pretty impressive in Chelsea.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever work in teams on a project? How was it?   Answer Question
    • Was a client ever upset with your design choices? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Decor Aid (New York, NY).

Interview

I went in for 2 interviews with the CEOs, they approached me online. I got a strange vibe from one of the founders and they have since copied the ideas of an already established company.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Decor Aid (New York, NY).

Interview

very brief, asked about skills, tasks that would be given, etc.
    Started off with the founders, then head designer came and talked about the firm, and how they operated, offered the job on the spot

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

I met with the lead designer and the two CEOs. We reviewed my portfolio and drawing capabilities. The CEOs talked for most of their portion about the company and how it started. They didn't ask me too many questions during that portion - the designer asked me more questions about my previous work and skill set. The process was quick and I heard back within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable starting with clients right away?   Answer Question

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Decor Aid (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a lot of talking... and not by me. Markus talked a lot, it felt like he was trying to sell me on his company. Repetitive mentions of how "transparent" they are. Seemed weird, ended with me saying I wasn't interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• didn't really ask me questions, I went through my portfolio and then they started on the sales pitch.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Decor Aid (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

Comfortable surroundings with great people, welcoming atmosphere and easy going interview process. Thorough interview process focused on the history of the company. Great story in terms of how the team explained themselves and asked their questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?   1 Answer