Degenkolb Engineers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Degenkolb Engineers Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Degenkolb Engineers.

Interview

Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process: Nothing much to say about the interview because it went well and had a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process: Typical interview questions   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Degenkolb Engineers (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very simple. The interview itself lasted about 20-30mins. There were 3 people involved and following the interview was a brief office tour. Everyone was super nice and pretty casual. I think they called me back within 3 days so the response was fairly quick.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions:
      - What is your greatest accomplishment?
      - How long do you think you'll stay with the company?
      - Long term goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

For Office Assistant there was no negotiation but they pay decent for a part time, very basic position.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Degenkolb Engineers (Oakland, CA).

Interview

First a technical phone interview and then a 4.5-hour in-office interview. Conceptual questions about steel and concrete. Often times want you to complete their sentences, which can be hard if you can't read minds and don't know what the question actually is. A little technical writing sample at the end. I learned that the large majority of their work in the Bay Area is healthcare, so if you want to work on a bigger variety of projects than solely hospitals, they might not be your ideal company. They take you out to lunch with one of their younger engineers.

Interview Questions

• Failure mechanisms, where some things in the code came from   Answer Question

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Degenkolb Engineers.

Interview

Phone interview with technical questions. In person interview with technical exam

Structural Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Degenkolb Engineers in April 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview with two principals for LA office. They were kind and asked basic questions about my resume and then asked a few technical questions regarding different materials such a concrete and steel

Interview Questions

• Focused on failure mechanisms and understanding behavior of components/different materials   Answer Question

Entry-Level Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Degenkolb Engineers in February 2014.

Interview

Was contacted to set up a phone interview, which was conducted by two engineers and included lots of technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Very technical interview with little personal or behavioral based questions. Technical part focused on mechanics of materials and certain failure states of members in tension/ flexure/ compression.   Answer Question

Project CAD Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Degenkolb Engineers (San Francisco, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were very quick. I did a phone interview for my initial interview, which was about 30 minutes long. I was called back 4 working days later and asked to come in and sit for a live interview. The live interview was about 1 hour, during which I was asked to complete a series of CAD tasks in an alotted amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Degenkolb   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not necessary for me, I was made a very reasonable offer.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Degenkolb Engineers in April 2011.

Interview

Talked to two higher ups. They gave a technical test (think analysis of a truss and basic member design) which wasnt really hard but could catch you off guard if you didnt know about it. I kind of felt like the interviewers might have been trying to psyche me out during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Structural analysis of truss.   1 Answer