Deibel Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

1.7

Media Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deibel Laboratories (Madison, WI).

Interview

Phone interview was standard less than an hour. In person interview was 2 hours long, but only because the interviewer was an hour late. They only asked basic STAR interview questions

Interview Questions

• When was a time a project didnt turn out well and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deibel Laboratories (Madison, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Typical easy phone interview. Then a 2 hour in-person (which they told me was 1 hour) interview. 30 Minutes of getting grilled by a single HR person, then they take you into their laboratory and teach you a technique and you have to replicate the technique and use perfect sterile technique.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to solve a scientific problem.   Answer Question

Micro Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Deibel Laboratories.

Interview

Initial contact is via a phone interview. Basic questions such as what experience you have and what aseptic technique is.
    Next interview is in person with management (usually two people) and then a short practicle that tests your ability to watch a technique such as basic pipetting and plating and then repeat. A call back with if you are hired is then followed and can range from soon after to a couple weeks depending on immediate need in the company.

Interview Questions

• What is aseptic technique and how have you used it.   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with overtime and working some holidays (two holidays that you get to choose based on availability and seniority).   Answer Question
    • What type of lab experience do you have (basic college experience is fine).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation at this level. At times there are a couple different schedules to choose from, and in that case you can state your preference.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deibel Laboratories (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy phone, face to face, lab practical. Phone is standard. Face to face is a little nerve wracking as you have to face your future boss and tell them how awesome you are. Lab practical is pretty standard laboratory stuff.

Lab Tech I/Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnwood, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deibel Laboratories (Lincolnwood, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very unprofessional , the managers were unprepared and had no idea what they were doing. Asked silly questions for the position. Did a horrible job describing the job and disagreed on when to schedule while i was still in the room. I could have gone in with a t shirt and ripped jeans and i still would have gotten hired. They are just looking for a new person to add to there posse

Interview Questions

• what kind of music do you like   1 Answer

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deibel Laboratories in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and it was easy then face to face interview by two peoples .then lab interview it was easy.they are very nice people . Very good place to start . Normal questions for interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Microbiology Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnwood, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deibel Laboratories (Lincolnwood, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed in a very different setting than most. Non traditional questions asked to see if I would fit in. That was about it, they wanted to tell me about the everyday process at the lab I guess to try to warn me.

Interview Questions

• No ethical questions (thankfully). What I like to do? Music? Food? They wanted to tell me about what to expect mostly but nothing had me prepared for how it really was.   1 Answer

Microbiology Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deibel Laboratories (Bethlehem, PA).

Interview

Interview was a joke, interviewer (lab manager?) was in sweatpants she looked like she had just gotten out of bed. Her questions were typical, strengths and weakness questions. Seemed inexperienced at interviews and just as nervous as I was. Reading off a sheet of questions ( I could see the "good" response in the column next to the questions. So it was a breeze. She was texting while asking me questions. After which she gave me a tour of the lab and apologized for how filthy it was. The only lab coat that fit me had holes in it.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in give years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate more money. Do some research, they offered me well below average (stating they paid for benefits) and I was able to negotiate more. Human recourses took forever to get back to me. It was over a week I was left wondering. She had told me Mrs. Deibel had not gotten back to her in a reasonable amount of time.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deibel Laboratories in August 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview only, as I did not live in Madison at the time. I spoke with HR and the GM, though GM did all the talking. It lasted less than a half hour and of that time I actually asked most of the questions. Their questions were pretty basic and straightforward, mostly regarding my abilities, some about my personality. I asked questions regarding pay, raises, opportunities for growth and promotion. They're answers were not entirely accurate/honest. They only gave ideal situations for answers, so the job sounded far better than it actually is. I believe the interview process has since gotten a lot more in depth.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any room for negotiation. They told me what the starting pay was and that there was a small raise after the 3 month probationary phase. Technically true, but it wasn't given immediately.