Delaware State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Delaware State University

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Delaware State University (Dover, DE) in August 2014.

Interview

It was very conversational. I felt an immediate connection with the hiring manager. She was great. It was a group interview, but I could feel that I was over-qualified for the position because the group looked shocked each time I mentioned one of my skills or how I perform in my job. I had been out of a job for 10 months, so I didn't really care at the time. I just needed a job.

Interview Questions

• How would you treat a student who is upset and they come into your office?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was NO negotiation. I was offered $10K less than I was making a year ago, but I needed a job.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delaware State University (Dover, DE) in June 2013.

Interview

You must submit you CV, transcripts and a research summary. Then, they can call you for interview if they want to learn more about you. Otherwise, they will tell their decision on the basis of what you submitted.

Interview Questions

• They asked how this fellowship can help me in my career and how can I contribute to this project.   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Delaware State University (Dover, DE) in April 2012.

Interview

disorganized and didn't know the details until 5 pm the day before traveling

Interview Questions

• No major questions were asked   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Grantswriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delaware State University in October 2009.

Interview

After having me interview with a panel of 5 people, I was sent to a room to write a proposal on the spot, using the computer in the room, which had a version of Microsoft Word that I was not familiar with, with no calculator. Forewarned? No.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you?   1 Answer