Delek US Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 15 of over 15 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Delek US

Featured Interview

Delek US

Application

I interviewed at Delek US

Interview

An informal Interview, made me feel comfortable working in the environment, and feel welcome at the site. The interview seemed more to how the fit at the company would be.

Interview Questions
  • How are you’re excel skills?
    Answer Question

Delek US

Application

I interviewed at Delek US

Interview

You speak to a couple of people, but first you must pass a test to interview. You are scheduled to take a aptitude test, which has math, pipeline etc, once you pass they schedule you for an interview.

Interview Questions
  • My past experiences in the related work field

Delek US

Application

I interviewed at Delek US

Interview

I did not apply to any position at this company. I was contacted via LinkedIn by a Texas-based company talent acquisition specialist. She exhibited substantial interested in speaking with me about engineering opportunities despite never reviewing my resume. I scheduled a time on her calendar** but didn't hear until much later when she E-mailed claiming a family emergency came up. She asked to reschedule for the following day or next and would accommodate my schedule (fair enough). I replied immediately that I was available either day and asked her to advise accordingly. A full day went by before I received a note asking to reschedule for a week later. I confirmed with an E-mail reply including my local time zone, and imported the scheduled time which I understood to be my local time. On the day of the interview however, I was contacted two hours earlier in the early morning. She left a voice message as I was not available at the time. I replied by text stating that I understood the time to be relative to my time zone, which wasn't answered. I then called but was unable to leave a voice message. I called again a bit later and immediately received what was probably an automated text response of 'Can I call you later?' I texted a confirmation and asked her to offer a convenient time, which again was never answered. The earlier emergency was understandable, but I was convinced that this recruiter does not pay attention to critical details and further doesn't care. I consequently withdrew my candidacy. I suggest that any serious engineer avoid this company, and most definitely don't trust the fishermen/fisherwomen on LinkedIn. ** It became clear that geographical time differences in her calendar are not observed, which places an uncomfortable onus on the candidate. From experience, any serious company interested in a prospective candidate will be absolutely clear on both the time and time zone of the scheduled interview, as well as possessing their current resume. If the first individual responsible for acquiring external talent can't demonstrate a basic understanding of geographical time differences, what can be said about the rest of the company?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado, AR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Delek US (El Dorado, AR)

Interview

Went thru a recruiter. Lined up initial interview with prospective manager, HR manager, and another manager. Invited to onsite interview where I interviewed key staff members. Extended an offer after that.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle people that aren't meeting expectations?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Krotz Springs, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delek US (Krotz Springs, LA)

Interview

Test, Panel interview, process took almost a month got a automatic e-mail no call 4 weeks later why I wasn't not choosen for the position. Entire process was too long, and a waste of time

Interview Questions
  • Behavior interview questions not job related

Delek US

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delek US in Jul 2020

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter and 8 interviews were scheduled over 5 days (telephone). Redundant questions, hodgepodge process, one didn’t show up at the scheduled time and did not call, email, or text. Company seems to be in a state of chaos, each individual contributor stressed no process, no direction and it showed in the interview process. Followed up afterward, no reply.

Interview Questions
  • How do you work in a unstructured environment?
1 person found this interview helpful

Delek US

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delek US

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via email - and requested that I setup a phone interview time via Calendly. She rescheduled the day of - stating that she was home sick. No problem at all - I accepted the new invite time. Recruiter never called. I sent an email via Linkedin, but no response. Since she only reached out to me via the HRIS system - I could not find her work email address. Very unprofessional to not call during scheduled interview time.

2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Delek US (Dallas, TX) in Feb 2019

Interview

Glassdoor Alon Applied online. Within 24 hours an HR employee screened me over the phone and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. A couple days later I interviewed over the phone with the hiring manager. It was maybe half technical and half behavioral. The technical questions were about SQL and some data science concepts. It felt like the hiring manager was rushing through the interview. Within a day or two I was told that I wouldn’t be pursued as a candidate. I asked why and got no response.

Interview Questions
  • Why shouldn’t you use time series data in regression analysis

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Delek US (Dallas, TX) in May 2018

Interview

Recruiter contacts you to set up phone interview with the position supervisor. 1st you have a phone interview. If you do well, you will have an in person interview. Took about 2 weeks to hear back after the phone interview. Landed the in person interview, performed well, received job offer in about 3 days.

Interview Questions
  • On a scale 1-10, rate your Excel skills? 1 not knowing how to do anything, 5 knowing how to do vlookups, and 10 knowing VBA.
  • What is a left join in Access, a right join, and outer join?
3 people found this interview helpful

Delek US

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Delek US

Interview

Sat down with Director and Manager for about 30 minutes. They asked me to explain my prior experience, but little to no technical questions were asked due to having already having a prescreening by the staffing agency they use.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Interviews