Descon Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Descon Engineering Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Descon Engineering.

Interview

Three interview has been conducted . First one taken by HR MAnager then immediate boss will ask about job relevance. Finally area Business head will take the interview on the basis of above two.

Interview Questions

• As job was demanding and challenges was attached with this seat so firstly there was question about describing yourself with respect of relevant experience and qualification then i was enquired about the
      SWOT Analysis ,various projects and internship
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Talk about Salary and grades

ENGINEER-1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Descon Engineering (Lahore (Pakistan)) in December 2014.

Interview

Since, we were hired in 3 batches, therefore, hiring process took almost 3 months. Name of program was 'Graduate Engineers Training Program (GETP)'.
    It started off with online applications in October 2014, I guess. Then followed an Entrance Test in November, followed by Interviews in December. Final calls were made in December.
    Since I was in the last batch of joining, I joined in February, 2015.

Interview Questions

• A case question was presented
      Your Team Leader gives you few assignments, but he did not tell you the priority of each. Would I ask for priority or start irrespectively?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was already fixed. So, there was no need to negotiate

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Descon Engineering in November 2014.

Interview

The positions were initially advertised in newspapers, and we had to apply online on the company website. The application was quite straight forward and barely took 5-10 min to complete.
    After some screening, based on GPA (my assumption), we were called for a test in Lahore. The test was a hybrid and contained both technical and non-technical questions. There were a total of 100 questions, and the time given was 90 minutes or 2 hours (I don't exactly remember). However, the time was adequate to complete the test. There were 20-25 technical questions relating to different courses studied in the degree. I remember Mechanics of machines/machine design related questions in particular. There were basic english, maths, and general knowledge questions such as the capital of this country, a question regarding cricket, world war etc.
    Those who cleared the test were called for interviews after about a month. People had different interviews with different departments who were interested. Some people had interview with 1, I was interviewed by two, and some people even by 3 departments. These interviews were independent of each other, and one had no effect on the other. One was a quite non-technical interview and I was mostly asked about things from my CV (extra-curriculars, internships etc), and had behavioral questions related to what do I want to do, to be career wise. Where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. My 2nd interview (with a different department) was a technical one. After the introduction, I was asked about my weaknesses, my final year project (a lot of questioning was done regarding this as they didn't seem satisfied with my explanation), some technical questions, and a few questions about my career interests including where do I see myself in 5 years. I was asked the difference between stress and strain (and asked to draw a stress-strain graph), difference between stress and pressure, how to determine passively if any industrial equipment was approaching failure (noise, vibrations, temperature etc). I was also asked about my internships. Both interviews were panel interviews with senior management of the respective departments.
    Those shortlisted after the interviews were called for group discussions after around a month. There was a group of 10 candidates. After our introductions, we were given a topic (relating a social issue). We were given 2 minutes to think about it, and then everyone was given 2 minutes to present his stance on the issue. After that we were given 20 minutes to discuss the issue, We weren't told to reach a conclusion, and they didn't ask for one. The judges asked us a few questions regarding group dynamics. After this, were were given a single page case study containing 4 questions at the end. The group was required to answer the questions in a 30 min presentation after around 50 min of preparation time. After the presentation, we were asked a few questions regarding the case study, and a few regarding group dynamics.
    I received an acceptance call in 3 weeks after the group discussions.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for both technical and behavioral questions. Especially everyone was asked where do they see themselves in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was given a contract and had to either accept or decline it.

Human Resources Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Descon Engineering (Lahore (Pakistan)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview was held for more than 3 months before I was offered a job, by then I had already accepted another offer. The process was slow and on inquiring there was no feedback.
    The interview process is completely scripted with the same general questions and a lot of focus of hypothetical situation.
    The good thing about the interview process was that the candidate was given ample time to express themselves properly. Friendly people who knew when to let the candidate breathe.

Interview Questions

• Q: Hypothetically is people come to you in relation to bad performance appraisal, how would you react   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Descon Engineering (Lahore (Pakistan)) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied through reference. Got the Interview call but waited a whole day till someone came to get me to interview room. alled me after the month to join the relevant department. Even after joining they didn't give a damn to send me to the relevant department for two days. So, i waited at reception for two whole bunch of days. Poor management

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't pay to their interns. So, no negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Descon Engineering (Lahore (Pakistan)) in June 2014.

Interview

It was two step process and very smooth. First interview was HR based and general. Second interview was to check my technical skills. Overall, it was a great experience for me.

Interview Questions

• General questions, such as tell me about yourself etc.   Answer Question

Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Descon Engineering (Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

3-4 interviews depending upon the urgency of requirement. They will take test for fresh engineers.
    Technical first then hr interview and then project site manager interview. If you have any employee in company it will definitely be the plus point. Best of luck.

Pre Commissioning Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Descon Engineering (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

field work for the engineer any time ready for the

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no problem

Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Descon Engineering (Lahore (Pakistan)) in September 2012.

Interview

Hiring Process consists of three stages.
    1. Computer based test ( English, Math, G.K., Technical) : Similar to NTS/GAT one
    2. Group Discussion : You will be a part of a group of 10 or so students. A topic will be presented, each student will be given two minutes to speak on the topic, this will be followed by a 10-20 minutes of open discussion amongst the group. The key is to make a logical argument, speak in English and not to be very aggressive.
    3 Pannel Interview: This is different for different people. You will be interviewed by 2 or more people and will be asked to Introduce yourself, followed by why are you interested in the job, what makes you an ideal candidate, how your previous experiences suit your job choice, any previous experience of working in construction sector, stuff from your CV, and some technical questions

Interview Questions

• Do you think the company is hiring you just because you graduated from a foreign university?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None .. was just offered a contract and had to either accept or decline it ...

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Descon Engineering (Lahore (Pakistan)) in August 2012.

Interview

Computer based test that included general and engineering based questions.

Group interviews (assessment center) - have to express your personal views on a randomly given topic and then discuss it within your allotted group.

Final interview in front of a panel.

Interview Questions

• general HR questions.
      describe how you solved a complex problem. strengths and weaknesses, questions around your CV.
      career aspirations