DestinationRx Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2015

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at DestinationRx

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at DestinationRx

Found 3 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at DestinationRx (Los Angeles, CA) in Nov 2014

Interview

First contacted by the company recruiter through LinkedIn. After coordinating and scheduling a phone interview with the recruiter to go through the position requirements and qualifications to submit resume to the hiring manager. Following day, was asked for a phone interview with the the QA director. Scheduled a week later. Was told that QA director is very particular with promptness so I made sure I was available on the call early. Phone interview didn't start until 15 to 20 minutes thereafter. Although it started late, that was okay I was very understanding about it. Phone interview went really well. Longer than planned but was worth it. Contacted the following day to schedule an in person interview which was set for 2 weeks later. Met with 7 people; QA director, 2 QA team members, 2 project managers, the Manager of Development, and a developer. Interview started with a quick hello with the QA director then followed with 1st round of interviews with the QA team members. From there, interviewed with 2 of the project managers. Continued with meeting the manager of development individually then met with the developer thereafter. QA director came back at the end to do a quick overview of the whole process and to discuss how meeting everyone went. The interviews altogether took 2.5+ hours. All went really well in every step. The process took about 2 months from the time of initial contact from LinkedIn. After the interviews were all completed, I never heard back from the recruiter, HR, or the QA director. I don't understand or maybe they were no longer interested after meeting me. I definitely didn't get that vibe either way. What doesn't make sense is before that, they were really great about following up and providing feedback after each step was completed. Not sure what went wrong but I expected to at least hear back on what the results of the decision was as I did take time to meet them per their busy schedules as it was open enrollment period. I am thinking I went wrong in not following up but that doesn't make sense as they told me they will be in touch to let me know the results. I guess I should have followed up if I didn't hear back to show my interest. Who knows!

Interview Questions
  • Test case writing and management skills and experience. Walk through of the test case creation process and how it is specifically written. Manual testing experience and what type of software testing have you worked with.
    Answer Question
  • What QA tools do you have experience with and how long? What tools would you like to learn? Do you have experience with servicer logs? Provide the process of creating a defect in the system and how it is tracked. What is your experience with Agile methodology and have you used it?
  • How do you handle a developer who doesn't agree with an issue/defect that was reported? How would you handle working with a team member who is no cooperative?
  • Tell us a little about yourself and your work experience background. Provide 3 words that describe you. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? What is the one thing you are most proud of?
  • How do you handle or respond to a project that has unrealistic deadlines? What would you do if the project is not able to be fully tested for scheduled delivery due to late delivery?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DestinationRx (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

I was told that I would be shown around the office to see the facilities and then the interview process would start. That didn't happen, it was straight into technical trivia with the first developer. They were obviously flustered about something else going on and were in a rush. That was fine, however, the next developer was asking about technologies that I do not have on my resume, which should indicate that I do not specialize those. As that progressed and quickly went no where, I was wondering why did they elect to bring me in if I am not a match on qualifications. Did they even read my resume, probably not. I realized in that moment that they wasted my time and theirs.

Interview Questions
  • Everyone that I spoke with during the interview process asked me the same super irritating question as they took their turn, which was: "Where do you see yourself in the next five years?" Seriously? That's what you really want to know? As if anyone can really know that? How about this for an answer: "Not on an interview being asked where I see myself in the next five years."
DestinationRx
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DestinationRx in Jul 2008

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews. I interviewed with the controller and CFO as well as the HR manager and a senior accountant. The process was slow as it took almost a month for them to make an offer to me. But I enjoyed the people I met. The company is friendly and laid back.