Determined Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Determined Marketing

2.3

Digital Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Determined Marketing (Brighton, MI).

Interview

Originally was supposed to be only two interviews, which turned into four - each interview in which I had asked what the hourly/salary rate was, but it was never shared until the fourth interview. Seemed to be kind people, but came across as shady salespeople. Brian, the owner, swore a lot while telling Determined's story. The third interview ended up being 2 hours long, mostly the owner sharing his own experiences, successes, and failures. The fourth interview was strictly for me to come in and talk salary, only to find out it paid $10.50 an hour (less than I could make starting at McDonald's) and after a 90 day probation period, I would then move up to $33,000 salary. In my opinion, they should be looking for an intern, with the possibility of hiring them after the "90 day probation period."

Marketing Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Determined Marketing (Charlotte, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview is a three step process that happens onsite at their location. First round is a brief talk about resume, The second round is more about pay and what you would be doing for the company. I did not attend the third round because I decided the job was not exactly what I believed it to be and I decided to go in another direction.

Interview Questions

• Clear situation questions. Pretty Straight to the point   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your work experience and why you would fit in with the culture   Answer Question

Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Determined Marketing (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

They take you out to Sams club to show you that you will be selling DTV! They basically beg you to take the position so they can make money off of you!!!!!

Interview Questions

Determined Marketing Response

Jan 5, 2016 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you for your review with Determined Marketing! We are a company of integrity and we value all reviews and opinions from anyone that has interviewed or worked with us in the past. Due to the mass expansion with our company, we are continuously hiring. We are opening up 3 new offices this year! We are very excited about our growth and willing to train the right candidate; however, this does not mean we will hire just anybody to represent our company nor represent our clients. If you felt that you were "begged" to take the position in our Greensboro office, we strongly encourage you to contact our Head Quarters in Charlotte at (704) 412-2049.

We welcome feedback and will be sure to address any future situations like these, and to make sure that future candidates have a much better experience.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Determined Marketing (Greensboro, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

It was very simple and comfortable! There were direct questions like most interviews! Mr. Roberts explained everything perfectly! First impressions are everything and he was great! I would recommend to anyone!

Intern Interview

Interview

Very professional, three-round process. Very comprehensive view of the company and opportunity you are afforded. Clearly a great chance to grow from within, and build personal skills that you will take with you as you grow with the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Determined Marketing (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

This is all a bunch of smoke and mirrors. I was told from the head of the beast that you will get paid little to nothing with no benefits for more than year until you get promoted or fired . Its nice that they only promote within the company but its inexcusable to just be hiring any capable body to fill the position and mislead you on the job description. The interview is easy because they want literally anyone to come in and do well so they can hire them. This was the most unprofessional and fastest interviews I have ever been on and I have been going on professional and corporate interviews since my second year of college. I was rushed out of the interview so fast that it honestly took me longer to drive there than I was in the room for. He never let me ask questions nor did he have a business card to give me. Please do not believe the company reviews you read, they are clearly written from within the company and meant to mislead the job searching applicant. BEWARE

Interview Questions

Determined Marketing Response

Jun 12, 2015 – VP of Human Resources

You are correct. We do want people to come in and do well during the interview process so that we can hire them. That is exactly what we hope for, in recruiting, to expand our organization and promote more employees.

We keep the first interview brief because although we want you to have the opportunity upfront to meet the manager you would be working under, we still have three more interview phases. We don't continue the process from here unless there is a potential cultural fit. Yes, we do scan for a cultural fit when making hiring decisions.

In fact, every candidate will generally go through five phases of the interview process and meet various members of the team before given the green light to join our team. These five steps include: the resume submission, the phone interview (with your potential new co-worker), the preliminary interview (for you to meet your potential new boss), the second interview and evaluation (where any and every question you could imagine is answered), then the final interview (when more questions are asked, answered, and verified).

It's apparent that you did not complete all five phases of the process and we apologize for causing you to feel this way about your preliminary interview.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Determined Marketing (Greensboro, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was rushed, made me feel like they were hiding something and just trying to get me to commit. They have you take a quiz after the interview to see if you were paying attention, but the quiz would of been easy enough to ace without going through the interview process. I went in for my first round interview, which lasted about 30 min. They had be do a second round that same day and hours after the second round interview the offer the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you a leader or follower?   1 Answer

I felt like it was a pyramid scam

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Determined Marketing (Greensboro, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process went very well. During the first interview, the hiring manager was very clear and upfront about the position and what his expectations were for his employees. He seemed like a manager uninterested in coming across like a boss, but more of a business partner. After answering questions about my experience, I was invited back for a second interview the following day and was asked to complete a background check. The second interview was with a Team Leader who informed me he started at the same position they were interviewing me for and he went into detail on the business structure and breakdown. The second interview was about an hour long. Immediately following the second interview, there was a questionnaire I had to complete before meeting for a final interview with the hiring manager at which time we discussed our final questions and concerns. The office and hiring team were very professional and seemed like an enjoyable team to work with. I definitely recommend this job to anyone who is not scared to work hard to be successful.

Interview Questions

• In 60 seconds or less explain the most difficult obstacle that has gotten in your way and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Sales Position As Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Determined Marketing (Greensboro, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

There are three phases to this interview process. First phase took 45 minutes to an hour and they asked questions that you couldn't wing on the spot to get to second phase. First phase was the hardest for me due to the questions and considering that they are attempting to see if you are a fit for their firm since they are the top #1 marketing firm in the country! Phase 2 takes an hour or more and it's purpose is to understand you better and to go over what the job will be like and to see if you think you would like the position. Phase 3 is when you get a call to say you are hired!

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision you made that was unpopular and how you handled implementing it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was great!

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Determined Marketing (Greensboro, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

There was a very interesting 3 interview process. An initial interview, an on-the job-site interview, and another interview with the main man.

All were very welcoming, efficient, and descriptive.

This is an interview for a professional career position, come dressed to impress in business professional attire.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer