Development Counsellors International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Development Counsellors International

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Development Counsellors International (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

During the interview process with DCI, they really ensure everyone is on the same page by communicating the process clearly to you and keeping you up to date with what the "next steps" involve. Their point of contact (Nancy) was amazing to deal with and was happy to answer any questions I had. While I originally applied for a different position in the company, Nancy really got to know me, my past experience and my goals for the future, resulting in her suggesting a different role in the company that actually suited me better.

While there are multiple stages to their interview process, you get the feeling that they're ensuring you are the right fit for DCI's culture and workload. Each of the interviewers were incredibly friendly and were able to provide insights into how the company operates, as well as what the expectations are on new employee's. While it was probably the more rigorous interview process I have gone through, it was also definitely the clearest and friendliest.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Development Counsellors International (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Apply online, phone interview with talent manager, in person interview with manager (who i would be working under), complete a test assignment, explain your thought process by phone call to manager, in person interview with Partner, finally take a personality assessment test to make sure you are the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your two biggest take away's from your past experience.   1 Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Development Counsellors International (Denver, CO).

Interview

The hiring process although thorough, was quick and efficient. After submitting my resume and cover letter by email I received a response the very next morning and scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. A couple of days later I had an in-person interview with the hiring manager. I was then asked to complete a writing sample and submit a list of references for them to contact. What was different from interviews with other companies is that there was just as much focus on making sure that the job role and company was something that appealed to me as there was about me being a good fit for the position. This attitude says a lot about the values of the company.

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Development Counsellors International (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume after viewing an open position on their website. I had been familiar with their reputation which I thought was good until my experience. I had a 30 minute initial phone interview, than a Skype interview, writing assignment which was lengthy, and had to give 12 references. I kept being told I was a promising candidate and finally was told once I met them in person it was a guaranteed thing. I then moved across 10 states for this job and I met the lady I had been talking to and it went fabulous, in my mind. Within 2 days I was called and told that it was between me and one other person and they decided to not go without either of us. Talk about a waste of time, money, energy. I have never been led on by a company as bad as this and I warn anyone applying that if you don't have the right connections....this company seems sketchy that way.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Development Counsellors International (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

- Phone screening
    - Take home assignment
    - Met some of the team members and the CEO
    - Friendly staff members

I was given a mock assignment to take home for a real client project. Didn't take too long and was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• - Talked about past experience
      - Requested portfolio samples
      Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Development Counsellors International (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was decent. I went into their office and met with two employees. They were very flexible and personable. I was not that knowledgable about their area of work so they explained a lot to me. I wish they would have followed up to tell me I did not get the internship, but I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

PR Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Development Counsellors International.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. Had a phone interview and then two face to face interviews. Very simple questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just an internship so I accepted

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Development Counsellors International (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through the website and was contacted by email a few weeks later. I did a 15 minute phone interview, then came into the office for an in-person. That lasted about twenty minutes, not including a tour of the office. A few days later I was asked for six references and to fill out a planning/creative evaluation.

Interview Questions

Position ended up being different than I was looking for.

Intern Interview

Interview

What can I say? This was the most disrespectful, unorganized company I ever encountered. At literally every step of the way, they rescheduled last minute, would black out on follow up and communication, and completely and utterly fail to adhere to any timetables they gave me. All of this with little to no explanation or apologies. I honestly thought it was some sort of test to see if I could be persistent in a sales role. I would expect a state or federal employer to take over 3 months to hire an intern... but not a small agency like this. The best part was after a month of trying to simply schedule an interview as they had promised... they send me an opaque email simply stating they "will have a decision on X date," upon which I had to inform them they never actually interviewed me. When I did manage to communicate with them, most of the conversation was repeating details of the internship that are available on the website, which they had already spent weeks scheduling previous phone calls to tell me the same thing. The interview was a similar exercise with only 2 or 3 questions having any relevancy to the position. The final insult was failing to inform me of their decision until I reminded them I was still waiting to hear back because it was almost too late to commit to it anyway. The experience was quite strange, and almost entertaining in a way. I don't know if my contact simply had it out for me, but the whole thing was very shady. I would not feel comfortable working for, or doing business with this company.

Account Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Development Counsellors International in June 2010.

Interview

I was initially contacted because I had applied for another position. The interview process consisted of multiple rounds - including an in-person interview, personality test, skills assessment/case study, and reference checks. At first it seemed impressive, as if the company places a high premium on selecting the right people to join their team. But towards the end, after hearing "Great, you're on to the next round...," multiple times, I began to become skeptical about the amount of time and manpower (from multiple account staff members) being spent on the vetting process. Particularly when DCI is a consultancy with clients to manage.

The thing that troubled me most about the interviewing process was the reference checks. DCI requires that candidates submit 12 references. I handed over these contacts with the expectation that they would be handled with care, only to find out that they were not. The contacts that I handed over were (in the words of more than one of them) "interrogated" by DCI staff about my background and personality. One of my references was actually called back a second time. I also received feedback from my references that the questions they were asked were not appropriate based on the relationship they had with me. And they also felt that some questions were inappropriately personal.

It's also to be noted that one of the rounds of the interview is a one-hour personality assessment. It occurs via phone and is conducted by an outside vendor.