Dickinson College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.8

Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dickinson College (Carlisle, PA).

Interview

It was great. They are curious about what you do on campus, and want to see your personality. If you do something unique on campus, that's great. The process is pretty simple. You talk to two people, and they are usually really nice.

Community Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dickinson College (Carlisle, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very straightforward based on the application requirements. Preparing and studying the case studies was helpful. Focusing on everything known about residence life based on the Resident Advisor position was helpful.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dickinson College (Carlisle, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within two weeks. First one of the faculty called me for an interview and was extremely friendly and was a very casual interview about my CV. Then, I received an e-mail that they wanted to interview me. They paid for my flight and hotel, and I met with most of the faculty and staff I would be working with. The interview was very relaxed and asked basic questions and it was more geared towards what my jobs and responsibilities were. I got along with everyone and they were very cordial. Overall, an excellent interview process. I received a call a few days later saying I got the job

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to overcome an obstacle or problem during your duties   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, he called me and offered me a job and stated the salary they were going to pay me. Did not negotiate

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dickinson College (Carlisle, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

I participated both in a group interview with my peers, and then individual interview with someone higher up in the Office of Residence Life. In the individual interview was a HAM (Housing and Apartments Manager) which was a upperclass student who had worked in campus life for over two years.

Interview Questions

• In what way do you think you will be able to create a sense of community with your residents?   Answer Question

Orientation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dickinson College (Carlisle, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

There were a lot of applicants for this position. Apparently, students of Dickinson College enjoy working as an Orientation Assistant it seems. However, I am glad that I did not receive this position as it would conflict my vacation plans as well. The interview questions were not that difficult. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Pick an object from this room and say why it seemed important to you.   Answer Question

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dickinson College (Carlisle, PA) in May 2008.

Interview

Faculty apply to a Department in which they are qualified to teach. If the hiring committee like your application and you bring the expertise required at the time, a small group call you on the phone. If you do well on the phone you may be one of the 3 or 5 invited on campus for a day or two of interviews. Generally, you meet with faculty, administrators and students majoring in your area of expertise. You also "teach" a class so that the hiring committee can get a sense for your teaching style and command of the subject area.

Negotiation

Not much negotiation for a Visiting professor job; was able to add some money for the move.